Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What can I do to resolve a smelly sock air conditioning?

I have tried a can of spray, but it didn't last long.

Can the system be recharged to refresh it, or does a whole filter box need replacing?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Resolving this can be very very tricky. I spent a lot of money with my previous car, 307 facelift, and I could not solve it. Sold the car like that.

I tried many different products and all lasted short time before smell returning. I even personally took the dash out, cleaned evaporator but smell returned after 5 days.

My first step would be to check if there is enough gas in the system. If the gas is lower then it should be, you have a leak somewhere.

Next step would be to check if AC has proper efficiency. This means testing the temperature in the vents to see if it cools enough. This is something I never did and I suspect might be the problem with the car I mentioned.

Change cabin filter obviously and use filter with carbon (not sure if this is correct term). Also, if possible, always keep AC on auto, even during winter, this will keep the AC compressor in good condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.