Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI - what's the tip for removing the dash air cond vents? I can see a heap of insulate stuck behind that's obv come loose and I'd like to give them a clean.

As well, the air when I first start it is a little manky, any ideas on how to remove?

2005 T5 307 1.6HDi XS cheers

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Pollen filter is under the bonnet behind the sound deadening on the bulkhead. It's on the left as you look into the engine bay from the front. Can be a pain to change as ther's not a lot of room and the cover is usually very tight to pull off.

You can buy air con sanitizers which work reasonably well. Follow the instructions on the packet and the aircon system does smell a lot sweeter afterwards.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pollen filter is under the bonnet behind the sound deadening on the bulkhead. It's on the left as you look into the engine bay from the front. Can be a pain to change as ther's not a lot of room and the cover is usually very tight to pull off.

You can buy air con sanitizers which work reasonably well. Follow the instructions on the packet and the aircon system does smell a lot sweeter afterwards.
Cheers - any ides re: how to remove the air vents? :)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Outside vent - pry off the surround trim using something like the plastic tools they sell for opening phone cases. They are really tight and awkward to remove. The centre ones need the centre console surrounds removing if memory serves me right.

Remove the gearstick gaiter with it's trim first. I think there are a few screws to remove then you can pull the bottom half of the trim away. This then allws you to get to the screws holding the top half of the centre trim in place. remove these and you can gently lift the remaining trim in place allowing access to the vents.

It's about 3 years since I last did this so I may not have it quite right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You will not accomplish anything by removing the vents. Bad smell comes from evaporator. To clean evaporator you need to remove the dash.

Not sure about pre-restyle model, but mine 307 has some air resistance measuring model near the gas pedal (maybe on opposite side in England) which can be removed and you can spray some sanitizer trough that hole on to evaporator.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will not accomplish anything by removing the vents. Bad smell comes from evaporator. To clean evaporator you need to remove the dash.

Not sure about pre-restyle model, but mine 307 has some air resistance measuring model near the gas pedal (maybe on opposite side in England) which can be removed and you can spray some sanitizer trough that hole on to evaporator.
Cheers but I don’t want to remove the vents due to smell, there is insulation tape clogging the inside I want to vacuum out etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts