Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Air con come on automatically every time I start the car.If so can it programmed not to or is it necessary to switch it off every time if it is not needed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does the Air con come on automatically every time I start the car.If so can it programmed not to or is it necessary to switch it off every time if it is not needed.
If I have pressed 'off' on the a/c & heating screen, on the bottom of the screen, then it does not come on. I have to physically access the screen by pressing the appropriate piano key with the fan symbol and press a/c to turn it on.
Not had a problem with this so far.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a problem with the AC coming on automatically when I started the car. However, I discovered that it was because I had one or both of the settings at 14. If both are set at a minimum of 15, then it doesn't come on every time I start the car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had a problem with the AC coming on automatically when I started the car. However, I discovered that it was because I had one or both of the settings at 14. If both are set at a minimum of 15, then it doesn't come on every time I start the car.
Now that's interesting because I have both settings at low.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Why would you put the air temp below 18 anyway ? :)
Simply, three reasons.
1- the setting low is there for a reason, what that is I don't know, no other reason.
2- I don't have my a/c on very often, prefer windows down with some fresh air bowing.
3- when I do have it on it is usually in thundery weather where the temp is very close but raining cats & dogs outside.
I think I know why you ask as we had a home in a hot climate and the a/c had to be on 24/7 set at 23°. Mould out there was a big problem. Don't think I will have that problem in the car but a/c is not a favourite of mine. If you could have seen the stuff that was cleaned out on a regular service, ugh! All that was being recirculated! Car a/c cannot be that much different.
:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts