Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my 308 re-gassed 2 weeks ago because it was low so the compressor would not kick in after re gassing the air con worked and was cold.

now 2 weeks later after switching the air con on the compressor kicks in but the fan at front of the radiator does not spin i have tested it at both speeds with diagbox and it works fine and there are no error codes in diagbox.

dont know what else to try.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It will only come on when needed to. u.e. When it is hot outside and ...

Does it blow cold air?

You have tested the fan with diagbox and it is all ok and no fault codes for the HVAC. So all will be ok, unless you actually don;t have cold air coming through. Might be cos of a small leak? Did they put a die in and test for the leakes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it is not blowing cold, it was tested for leaks and because the compressor is running i assumed the gas was ok. from reading on internet it says the radiator fan should start spinning as soon as the a/c switch is pressed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No mine doesn't. it will only spin if certain conditions are met.

And mine is blowing well cold air :D

When was it re-gassed? If I were you, I would go back to the place and ask them to check it again. They should have also put some dye in the aircon to check for leaks. If they didn't, ask them to do it and it will then show if there are any leaks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If the compressor is kicking in, you should get some sort of cooling, so a blockage is sounding likely.
You need to get a proper aircon place to test it as you need to measure both low and high pressure under various conditions which will quickly tell you if you have a blockage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts