Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've recently went to Halfords to have the service for my air con. They've said they've recharged it but doesn't work - they couldn't connect to the air conditioning management system. I've also recently reseted the computer at the loca garage so maybe they have done something as I've noticed the engine is running differently, waving when idle. Is it possible that they have deleted some settings on the computer?

Can anyone give some advice?

It is 1.6 model, EP6.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Try contacting a member near you (search for Peugeot Planet Map on the forum) to run a diagnostic for you. Most charge between £10 - £15 to cover their costs.

You'll need 20 posts before you can send a PM to a member so another search for the thread 'Need 20 posts before PM' would sort you out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do u know how much the Peugeot dealer would charge for this service?

I don't want this to be too expensive..

Is anyone living in the Bournemouth/Dorset area and can run a diagnostics for me?

Cheers

D

·
0 Posts
We charge €40. Thats not expensive.
Haven't already given money to a crowd that couldn't tell the difference between a/c and climate control. Dealer would have been cheaper in the long run or as Gibbo says someone on here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help

The good thing is they didn't charge anything but I am a bit surprise that they offer the air con service and can't help me:eek:

I think I will have to visit the Peugeot dealer as the local garage has changed something in my computer and didnt tell me anything.

The start up issues started after the visit......:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
308 regas

I am trying to re gas a 308 1.6 e-hdi 64 reg. I have taken it to 3 garages. They all say that the connection nipples are too big. Help.:confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am trying to re gas a 308 1.6 e-hdi 64 reg. I have taken it to 3 garages. They all say that the connection nipples are too big. Help.:confused:
From memory, there are [at least] two [sets of] sizes of valves (as low and high pressure are different on either system) depending on what type of refrigerant gas the system uses. This to prevent filling a system with the wrong type of refrigerant.

See for instance this kit R410a R134a R12 R22 4 Way Valve Manifold Gauge + 4 Hoses Quick Adapter HVAC Kit | eBay with two hoses (with different valve connectors) on both the high and low pressure sides.

I'd look for a place that specializes in A/C, not a general garage that also happens to "do A/C".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, following my own Air con adventure i can tell you that your car is fitted with a newer and more expensive gas. The valves are different from the standard ones that Halfords re gas for £30. Halfords however with try everything to try and re gas it using the standard gas. It will not fit your charge points. Expect to pay £130 plus for the new gas !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts