Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was hearing a screaming sound from my fan belt (frequently at start up) then days later progressed with a slight tapping sound. Dreading it was my alternator, I first checked there, but soon noticed that my pulley on my air con spins intermittently(almost at will), when I switched the air con 'on' it spins freely and blows(ha ha ha) cold/warm easily. But when I switched the air con 'off' then pulley stops spinning and screaming appears.
Is this a air con bearing problem?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Either the bearing or the clutch on the compressor would be my guess. Might want to look at getting it overhauled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply, i was wondering if i could bypass the fan-belt while saving the cash to have it overhauled/or replaced. Around here where i live, Peugeot parts are more rare than chicken teeth. So parts here are generally well over priced(might not be true but its my personal experience). I have a faulty electric panel(drivers door) which controls all windows/mirrors/folding in of mirrors and not even scrap/junk yards can help me. Any help here I'll appreciate as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts