Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a re-post, I have searched and nothing came back.

Just a heads up, T9 308 use a new type of gas (r1234yf) and costs upwards of £150 to regas.

Mine has gone in for a leake and fingers crossed is covered under warranty.

Has anyone had any experience of regassing the T9's yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a re-post, I have searched and nothing came back.

Just a heads up, T9 308 use a new type of gas (r1234yf) and costs upwards of £150 to regas.

Mine has gone in for a leake and fingers crossed is covered under warranty.

Has anyone had any experience of regassing the T9's yet?
I bought my 15 plate about 6 weeks ago. It was only during the really hot weather last week that I realised that pressing the Air Con button made absolutely no change! The Peugeot garage advised I speak to the garage I bought the car from and I have an appointment with them on Friday. Peugeot were very non-committed when I asked whether it was a warranty job...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my 15 plate about 6 weeks ago. It was only during the really hot weather last week that I realised that pressing the Air Con button made absolutely no change! The Peugeot garage advised I speak to the garage I bought the car from and I have an appointment with them on Friday. Peugeot were very non-committed when I asked whether it was a warranty job...
I was told warranty only covers leaks within the engine where road debri can't hit/damage the system. So depending on the leak I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Warranty or not, tis should be covered under the Sale of Goods legislation. Air Con shouldn't leak after only 2 years unless it has been damaged by some exterior force.
In the case of a second hand purchase, if it was advertised with air con, then it must be there and working properly. It is also, if found within 6 months, deemed to have been faulty at the time of sale. It is up to the seller to prove otherwise. Sale of Goods and Services regulations 2002.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Perhaps so but if it was bought from a dealer other than Peugeot then it is down to the selling dealership not the main dealers to rectify.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
If it's still within the Peugeot warranty, then arguably both are responsible.
But the easiest claim would be against the place the car was bought second hand. Though most only give a 3 month warranty and will try to wriggle out of anything beyond that point.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it's still within the Peugeot warranty, then arguably both are responsible.
But the easiest claim would be against the place the car was bought second hand. Though most only give a 3 month warranty and will try to wriggle out of anything beyond that point.
I agree with this - makes sense to use the warranty provided by garage (which was indeed 3 months) - anything past this and main dealer would be the one i'd speak to. This was essentially Peugeot's suggestion too. I'll report back after Friday.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I agree with this - makes sense to use the warranty provided by garage (which was indeed 3 months) - anything past this and main dealer would be the one i'd speak to. This was essentially Peugeot's suggestion too. I'll report back after Friday.
Your contract is with the seller you bought your car from. If they don't budge then Peugeot would offer support if warranty still exists. The seller you bought from may not want to pay and use the warranty from Peugeot. Depends on how savvy they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts