Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the air con regased a fortnight ago, and since then a rattle has developed around the air con unit/belts. The rattle isn't there when the air con is switched off, but switch on the air con, and within seconds the rattle starts. It seems to be from the air con unit itself. What could have 'broke' during the regas that has caused a rattle to develop ever since?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the air con regased a fortnight ago, and since then a rattle has developed around the air con unit/belts. The rattle isn't there when the air con is switched off, but switch on the air con, and within seconds the rattle starts. It seems to be from the air con unit itself. What could have 'broke' during the regas that has caused a rattle to develop ever since?
On another car, I had a problem where the A/C didn't sound right until it had been regassed fully.

Maybe your's is not regassed fully, or maybe they didn't put any A/C oil in while they were regassing it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've taken it back into them today, and they've heard the rattle. Apparently it is fully gassed, and thats making the compressor work harder than before, generating a noise, but nothing to worry about. They don't go anywhere near the compressor to regas, and no replaceable parts.... so it would mean a complete new compressor to stop the rattling, and I'm not going down that route with the cost of that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts