Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my 1st post, and I help someone can help. I have a 405 GLX Estate on an M plate. The A/C has never worked and now the warmer weather is making an appearance I'm keen to find out whats wrong. Armed with a Haynes manual I,ve made the following observations:-

1. When the A/C button is pressed the light illuminates, and a fan whirs into action (temp set to cold and fan speed is off).
2. There appears to be no apparent change in temperature.
3. All engine bay electrical connections have been removed and re-connected.
4.Inspecting the dryer bottle, there are no problems with refrigerant flow (no bubbles in sight window)The humidity sight glass is cloudy white in colour.

Thats all I know so far. based on how much people charge to diagnose problems in A/C systems, I'm trying to work through obvious problems first.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Regards Tony

·
Registered
862 Posts
Haga750 said:
Hello this is my 1st post, and I help someone can help. I have a 405 GLX Estate on an M plate. The A/C has never worked and now the warmer weather is making an appearance I'm keen to find out whats wrong. Armed with a Haynes manual I,ve made the following observations:-

1. When the A/C button is pressed the light illuminates, and a fan whirs into action (temp set to cold and fan speed is off).
2. There appears to be no apparent change in temperature.
3. All engine bay electrical connections have been removed and re-connected.
4.Inspecting the dryer bottle, there are no problems with refrigerant flow (no bubbles in sight window)The humidity sight glass is cloudy white in colour.

Thats all I know so far. based on how much people charge to diagnose problems in A/C systems, I'm trying to work through obvious problems first.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Regards Tony
Sounds like it needs regassing, it is hard to do your self, but don't take it to a main dealer as they charge the earth.first have have the a/c system recharged with gas and leak tested,if possible have dye added to the system
to help find any gradual leaks. Hope this is of some help and welcome to the forum :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pug 405 Air Con Trouble

Thanks Moose, is this a typical symptom of loss of gas pressure?
Regards Tony

·
Registered
862 Posts
Haga750 said:
Thanks Moose, is this a typical symptom of loss of gas pressure?
Regards Tony

Yes,depending on how often you use your a/c then the sooner it needs re-gassed, think kwik-fit are now re-gassing a/c wtih the guarantee if you dont feel any difference,get your money back. thanks for using the forum please keep posting. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
regassing

I can concur Kwik fit can re-gas they advertise £49.95 but I had mine done with an exhaust fitting and because I spent of £50 they only charged £25 so if you need anything else get done with it! This was only last week so if only promo should be still running!
Quinn

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for that. The aircon on my 406 (W reg) is well, not very cold. Already decided it was in need of a regas but was wondering where to take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts