Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and could really need some help...
This spring I bought a 308SW-2012 e-hdi 1.6 diesel, really like it!
Bought it from a dealer and the first really warm day I realized that the air con didn't work so I went back to the dealer and they fixed it, just refilling they said. Fine, worked perfect all summer until now when it quitted working again... I thought refilling again? Must be a leak so I asked a cooling technician at my work to check but he said that there was enough fluid in the system to work - he doesn't work with cars but he saw that the clutch didn't engage on the compressor.
What can it be?

·
3,166 Posts
Hi..how did he test for enough gas for the aircon to work?low gas will stop the comp from working to protect it..as will other things...a leak is my guess...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply.
Since he has +25 years of experience I trust him, he could read from the meters the outside temperature and that the pressure was enough for it to start so it should be something else but of course, nobody is perfect...

An update: I borrowed a ODB-reader for Peugeot and got a DTC: C994 (Engine fuse box:Air conditioning compressor fault Open circuit with status Present) Any ideas? As I said before, according to the instruments there at least should be gas enough to start it but it happens absolutely nothing on the clutch...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts