Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please does anyone know where this is on a 2008 207 1.4 vti? searched high and low and found nothing. Also seems very expensive at the dealers (£70) so if anyone can point me somewhere else that is cheaper it would be very much appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
know very little about the air con , but book says its on right hand rear of engine compartment, fitted on top of the air con pipe.

suprised there isnt a high pressure and low pressure, be a little careful if shorting, no idea how the peugeot electrics will behave. and only short briefly or it will over pressure

and dont remove it unless system empty, its nasty stuff.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i changed the pressure switch and still not kicking in. Went to halfords and they read the pressure and it was too high, so had a purge and regas still not working.

Also now i have Anti pollution back and 'STOP ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH' every time i start the car even though the engine is not overheating. Fan stays on etc.

Just fed up now been problem after problem. Will get codes later and start again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Gibbo.

RAC just had a look and following codes came up;

p0119 - coolant temp sensor coherance
po117 - coolant temp sensor short circuit to ground
po597 - controlled thermostat open circuit
po598 - controlled thermostat short circuit to ground

Now think we have solved the 'STOP ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH'... when he removed the connection to the sensor (grey sensor with single pin not the one on top of the thermostat housing' the needle dropped. Can anyone tell me what this sensor is called btw as i thought the coolant/temp sensor was the one on top of the housing?

But as for the air con i'm still stuck. I will check age of battery soon.

·
Registered
870 Posts
looks like the right area, some are screw in but think you will find it a clip in so carefully pull clip out , pull sensor and block end until you pop new one in.

you may find this is why your ac is not working as its all tied in with rad fan etc

oh just read your post again, not sure what the other sensor is, but book does say- on vti petrol models there is a second wiring connector on the coolant housing, this is for the electronic controlled thermostat.

spooky, the pic in the haynes is almost identical to your pic...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Stripe, yes the one I replaced was the sensor that comes out vertically of the stat housing and is known as the coolant/temp sensor depending where you look.

This one im not sure what it is called so I can't buy the part! Took it to a peugeot parts place tonight and they say it's a temp sensor and that there has been a recall. But how do i differentiate between the 2?! Also is there anyway at all this could be linked to air con not working?

·
Registered
870 Posts
on the fords its called the cylinder head temperature sensor, in the old days you could just go in the factors and they would have them colour coded on the shelf....but that was then.

keyword 'cylinder temperature sensor'

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that was a waste of time...

Went over to dealers on my lunch break and the parts guy came out and had a look at the sensor/connector. We then went inside and he brought up diagrams of the engine using my reg no and guess what? according to their diagram this thing doesn't exist!!! Even though it is there in front of him.

I asked if any mechanics could have a look and enlighten me but he then said i'd have to book it in and pay for checks etc.

I told him i know what is wrong with the car i just need to buy this part, and if he couldn't tell me then who could?!

I'm going to try and take it off tonight and have a better look, see if there is any part number or even just get a look at the connection inside.

Will it be ok to take off btw?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scrap that. I now know it is in fact the oil pressure switch!

Now 1000 times more confused as this is what the RAC bloke was disconnecting to make the temp. needle drop back down.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
ok just had a read through again and you mention you replaced coolant temp sensor on stat, did the problems start then?
i mention it as there was a thread not long ago, problems after coolant sensor changed, turned out it needed code clearing with pp2000 or simular.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi mate. Yes I'm certain the pic i posted is the oil pressure switch. Secured the connection on it tonight but didn't change anything.

Now I changed the coolant temp sensor when i had codes relating to the thermostat appear. This solved the issue temporarily but these codes are now back plus the coolant sensor codes plus the temp gauge business.

I'm gona try clear codes tonight with my mates reader but if that doesn't work im at a loss.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Deleted codes and po017 and po019 came straight back with STOP ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH and fan run on etc. air con still not working either. These 2 codes relate to the coolant sensor which i already replaced a couple of weeks ago. Strange that when i did this these codes were never there but instead 2 codes relating to the thermostat. Stripe you mentioned this engine having an additional wiring connection on the thermostat do you know where this is? feel like im clutching at straws though now. Is it worth replacing the thermostat housing?

Not sure what you mean by codes in bsi and ecu as i only have a cheap reader and noone nearby with planet.

Next step anyone? :-(

·
Registered
870 Posts
as windy says, it seems that sometimes the codes need clearing with planet etc as this clears codes from bsi, a normal code reader will only clear codes from ecu.

also see there are a few coolant sensors did you swap like for like.

and where are you you may find someone with planet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as windy says, it seems that sometimes the codes need clearing with planet etc as this clears codes from bsi, a normal code reader will only clear codes from ecu.

also see there are a few coolant sensors did you swap like for like.

and where are you you may find someone with planet.
Hi i'm in Ramsgate, the only person in Kent with planet on here hasnt been on for years i don't think.

Just shorted out the coolant sensor and the warning still appears so can rule that out. However codes PO117,PO119,PO597 & p0598 have now all gone to be replaced by PO118 (also coolant sensor).

Just seems like a problem with the ecu sending things crazy. May have to get an auto electrician in or something as i'm a bit stuck now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts