Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot in the car today and that wasn't helped by the air-con starting to play up.

It was fine going over to Peterborough but on the way home the fan speed dropped and the cooling vanished.

Turned up the fan speed to full and it was only equal to having it on the 2nd speed previously. No cooling from the air-con.

Strange thing was that when we got home and I selected Reverse, to back into our garage, the fan speed increased. Put it back in Drive and it slowed right down. Tried it a couple of times and the same thing happened each time. How weird.

I guess it could have been a gas leak on the return journey to cause the cooling failure, but why should the fan speed alter so dramatically as well?

Looks like a trip to the dealers on Monday.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...amazing...just started my car...all fan speeds work and chilled air coming through!!

I hate these 'faults' as you can't demonstrate them to the service guys.

Think I'll still mention it to them though....even if I do get the "Never had that problem before...." reply!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Strange thing was that when we got home and I selected Reverse, to back into our garage, the fan speed increased. Put it back in Drive and it slowed right down. Tried it a couple of times and the same thing happened each time. How weird.
When you put the car in reverse, it is set up so it automatically engages the recirculation mode on the ventilation, hence giving the impression that it has increased the fan speed.

The reason is so it doesn't suck exhaust fumes into the car.

It's rather clever...:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
When you put the car in reverse, it is set up so it automatically engages the recirculation mode on the ventilation, hence giving the impression that it has increased the fan speed.

The reason is so it doesn't suck exhaust fumes into the car.

It's rather clever...:)
I've noticed this on mine too, and I think it does the same thing if you activate the windscreen washer?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I reported it this morning and they're having a look at it tomorrow to test the resistance on a couple of components and the fan.

It worked fine again this morning so I'm hoping they find something amiss tomorrow as every time we go out on a hot day we will be wondering whether it will all happen again.

I did test the recirculation, a/c on-off and fan on-off etc but it made no difference on the return journey.

Maybe I should have pulled into a lay-by and switched the engine off-on just in case it may have re-set something. I'll do that if it happens again.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've dropped my 308 off but the mechanic said he can only run the diagnostics if it actually fails to work.

Now it's running OK again then it will not show anything except it's all running correctly.

They've kept the car to start it a few times though the day to see if the fault re-occurs....doubtful as it's only happened the once. :confused:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nothing found.

All working OK.

Cannot diagnose without the situation being present.

Not had it happen before to this model.

No other reports listed on the system; this is the first.

Hey, I got a Worlds 1st !!:woohoo:

If it does happen again then I'll pull over and switch off for a couple of minutes then re-start. We'll see how it goes.

Al.

PS: Thank you to my Rugby dealership service department for fitting me in quickly. Always a good service from those guys.:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts