Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new to forums. I have a problem with the air con/climate control in my 407. Its a 2005 luxury pack, 2.0 HDI with dual zone.

Basically the problem is that it seems to be stuck kind of mid-temperature. I can't get cold air out of it and can't get hot air out of it. If it's a hot day outside, I can't cool the car and if it's cold outside, I can't heat it.

Problem seems to happen on both driver and passenger sides and it doesn't seem to matter what temp I set it it.......if anything it's slightly warmer when I set it to minimum temperature!

The fans seem to work where they should - when I set it to blow in my face, or at my feet, or at the windscreen, it does what it's supposed to, just can't get the temp to change.

I took it to the Pug dealer and they want £1700 to 'take the whole dash out and replace the heater matrix'!!

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks complicated, I'm a complete novice with 10 thumbs!! I'd have to put it into a garage to get fixed. I don't want to go anywhere near the Pug dealer. The problem is, I've left it in a few times with different people for other problems and asked them to look at this while they were at it. It always comes back unfixed. Does anyone know of anyone in Derry, or Belfast, or the surrounding areas that would have done this before or knows of the problem and how to fix it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts