Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
My aircon has decided to not work anymore not getting cold at all I've had the gas checked they removed 325g and refilled with 525g still no change and no leaks found the garage advised my wife the compressor has failed.
I got home from work and had a quick look and the clutch on compressor is no getting engaged i unplugged it and checked with volt meter and no voltage when air con button pressed. I have heard tge fan on rad should come on aswell is this correct as this does not come on when ac turned on is there anything i can try or can anyone shed any light.

Many thanks

justin

· Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Hi...as a start I would energise the compressor clutch to check the function ot the pump...no need for the engine to be running...then check the pressure switch...that might have failed..next ...energise the compressor with the engine running if it gets cold the gas level is good ....

· Registered
442 Posts
I got home from work and had a quick look and the clutch on compressor is no getting engaged i unplugged it and checked with volt meter and no voltage when air con button pressed. I have heard tge fan on rad should come on aswell is this correct as this does not come on when ac turned on is there anything i can try or can anyone shed any light.
Pressure switch and associated wires OK? As far as I understand it, the controller wont signal to engage the clutch if it doesn't see the switch telling it there's sufficient pressure in the system.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Pressure switch and associated wires OK? As far as I understand it, the controller wont signal to engage the clutch if it doesn't see the switch telling it there's sufficient pressure in the system.
Energising the clutch just requires disconnecting the plug on the compressor, then connecting a +12v supply to pull the clutch in. If it pulls in, that part of it is working so you can then look to other things like the high/low pressure sensor to figure out why it is not activating when trying to operate normally.

The pressure sensing goes 2 ways... low and high. So too much pressure will also deactivate the system as will too little pressure.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a few things tonite i tried fitting a bulb to clutch connector and it comes on when ac button is pressed so getting a good feed. I then tried 12v direct to clutch and nothing so looks as if the clutch has failed can just the clutch be changed?.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes, but you have to get to it, lock the compressor so you can loosen the securing nut/bolt, remove the clutch [which may require a puller], then replace and tighten the whole thing up properly so it does not fly apart when operating. All of which will depend on how accessible the compressor is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.