Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Could do with a bit of help, Sorry to be asking about an old recurring night mare

Car is 2005 2.0 hdi it's a 90 i think

Air bag fault on the dash and the dash display I've search here and youtube for info but can't find anything close to with a end or positive result Ive read most the posts here about the problems with these airbags,
Ive change com2000 and plugs under both seats, still the lights on, deactivated passenger the air bag now that just stays off even though its on, plug Autel code reader in won't communicate with air bag ecu at a guess, could it be a fuse

The com2000 was off ebay over a £100 in 2014, I'm tempted to ask trustme if I can send the old 1 to be tested/repaired

I have found a set of numbers matching BSI ECU but I don't want to change them if it's something else

I have from ebay 322083503784

LEXIA 3 PEUGEOT CITREON DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE PP2000 CAN BUS DIAGBOX REV C V50 V7 now just installed it yesterday, if I plug it in it will tell me the vin then the dam number but will not go past asking for PP2000 or Diagbox, I've uninstalled it again and redone it so I will try again

Could it be because I'm on windows 7 64bit I have installed the XP off the disc, My laptop has 2 hard drives so could I boot from disc and put XP onto the spare hard drive,

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
First things first don't swap the bsi or ecu

Get the fault codes read as that will tell you what part of the airbag system needs more investigation work

E.g it comes up with a drivers airbag fault that could be anything on the drivers airbag circuit
Drivers airbag is faulty
Bad connection from comms unit to drivers airbag
Faulty comms unit
Bad connection between comms unit and vehicle wiring loom
Broken wire in the cars loom going from airbag ecu to comms unit
Bad connection between airbag ecu and vehicle wiring loom
Corroded pin on airbag ecu
Faulty airbag ecu

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
32 bit OS is the way forward mate, Diagbox will work on most systems that are 32 bit x86. The standalone PP2000 installation only works on XP.

You can install Diagbox and PP on a virtual drive running XP 32 bit.

You'll need to install "VMWare", it's a free download. Then get hold of a version of Windows XP, and install it into VMware. It's pretty straight forward.

It can be a bit buggy though - some people have had loads of success with this method, but I've struggled.

In the end, I ended up buying a £35 laptop with XP off Gumtree. Works a treat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for replying,

I've tried again it still won't go past the select application so you both agree it's more likely laptop not the car,

Vin yes and correct
DAM yes
PP2000 no, no further
I'v got an old desk top I'll put the XP on that and try it then buy another laptop just for PP,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm more than happy to put XP on my laptop, I'm just not 100% how to do it is it as easy as boot from disc, or copy the disc to the spare HD

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I'm more than happy to put XP on my laptop, I'm just not 100% how to do it is it as easy as boot from disc, or copy the disc to the spare HD
if you have boot priority set to boot from cd first just go into setup and do it that way, your best googling that to be honest

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again trustme

The XP disc won't load onto my old computer or laptop so I've ordered a new disc,

While I'm waiting for the disc is there any test I can do while I'm waiting for delivery,

drivers airbag is popped off but still plugged in the wires behind look ok no kinks

Is the airbag ecu easy to remove to check connections etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is the air bag ecu can it just be swapped for another,

I turned the passenger 1 off in between the seats and it's back on again but the dash is saying its still off, can the on off switch be unplgged and bypassed with a jumper wire

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Trustme can I use something like this to ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261530083984?var=560405945960 I'v read somewhere else on another type of car someone else has used resistors to turn the light off which is a good way of finding/isolating the issue, I can unplug airbags and seats then repair which is at fault can or do you know what ohm resistors would be needed,
This for repairing purposes only not to disable anything

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Trustme can I use something like this to ebay ALL OHMS SRS AIRBAG RESISTOR RESISTORS 0.25W 2 AMP FUSED BYPASS FAULT LIGHT I'v read somewhere else on another type of car someone else has used resistors to turn the light off which is a good way of finding/isolating the issue, I can unplug airbags and seats then repair which is at fault can or do you know what ohm resistors would be needed,
This for repairing purposes only not to disable anything
you can use a 2.9r 3.3r or 3.9r to bypass the airbag this is good to help diagnose an airbag fault if you know what circuit ie drivers airbag fault, i would not advise driving a car like this because it will invalidate your insurance and in the even of a crash you could die as an airbag is a safety feature

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you trustme,

For example I remove the steering wheel airbag put a bypass on each connector and the light was to go out replace the air bag and it's repaired,

I would say it's a safer method,
I should have the PP working today so I can move on with this car.

Should I get a set of each size

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thank you trustme,

For example I remove the steering wheel airbag put a bypass on each connector and the light was to go out replace the air bag and it's repaired,

I would say it's a safer method,
I should have the PP working today so I can move on with this car.

Should I get a set of each size
if you do what you described and dont remove the resistors and just clip the airbag back then in the event of an accident the drivers airbag would not work

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This post is all to do with repairing only and nothing else

Any advice is taken for that purpose

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Alright trustme I've found an issue which I hope you can answer,

There is a pin burn't off inside the connector and you can see the difference between this one and the ebay pic at the bottom, what do I need to do to replace it it would be good if I could find out what that pin is for

[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/tomthrl/media/WP_20160428_003.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/tomthrl/media/KGrHqNnUFHTMLyk2DBRNyCTpV60_57.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Alright trustme I've found an issue which I hope you can answer,

There is a pin burn't off inside the connector and you can see the difference between this one and the ebay pic at the bottom, what do I need to do to replace it it would be good if I could find out what that pin is for

[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/tomthrl/media/WP_20160428_003.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/tomthrl/media/KGrHqNnUFHTMLyk2DBRNyCTpV60_57.jpg.html][/URL]
replace airbag ecu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This seems a stupid question but,

Is there any reason I cant reconnect the battery to move the car with the airbag ecu disconnected will the system stay dead without the ecu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an update Ive finally got planet working and tried the global test and the airbag ecu isn't responding,

Can anyone tell me where the glow plug relay is located planet says it's stuck open is this a replacement only or can it be free up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts