Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've brought a 307cc for the mrs that had a small front end knock.
The seat belt tensioners were activated.main airbags ok.
I've fitted new seat belts and took it to a garage to get reset but the light still won't go out.
The code is seat belt tensioners triggered.
I've got hold of a second hand air bag module and fitted this.connected battery and it still says the same.
The second hand air bag module was from a accident free car,so I know it's ok.
Any ideas what to try next.?
the new module was from a normal 307 not a cc,Does this matter.?
Cheers:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Mines had exactoly the same, but i just live with it as its not worth my money!

First guess would be that the crash data is stored in a different ECU though, i remember finding a company (possibly bba-reman) that can clear these but you have to post your ecu off to them!

For the sake of 2 beeps and an airbag light is it worth the hassle though? it isnt a fail on MOT anyway!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mines had exactoly the same, but i just live with it as its not worth my money!

First guess would be that the crash data is stored in a different ECU though, i remember finding a company (possibly bba-reman) that can clear these but you have to post your ecu off to them!

For the sake of 2 beeps and an airbag light is it worth the hassle though? it isnt a fail on MOT anyway!
Hi,
It doesn't bother me that much.I've just had it mot,d and the guy said from jan when the new laws come in,Airbag faults would be a fail.
He said you could just wire the light up to the oil light so it goes out after a few seconds,But said the 307 has it written on the top display as well.Harder to hide.

S

·
0 Posts
Well thats my airbag light getting unsoldered and my mfd getting unplugged before each mot then!

How much money do they think motorists have, all my airbags are intact and working, and the seatbelts have been replaced so wheres the issue!

Bloody government!! :mad:

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you feel capable yourself, there's one fix (if driver's airbag) that the wire under the driver's seat needs to be resoldered. Something about the connection. I've seen things about it online elsewhere. Have a good look round on google.

I didn't know they were changing the MOT laws. I'll have to tell my other half. But at least for us, we got a really good mechanic who just lets things through, shall we say. My father-in-law's Jag should have failed on its water jets not working, needs a new pump or something but I ain't got round to doing it yet, but he let that through for us. My 307 has the same fault but due to a one of the computer fuses or something... I don't know, has to wait till I got more money.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The new laws look pretty strict. ANY warning light on the dash that shouldn't be there is going to be a fail. From what i read (or could understand from the pdf i read) then even a MIL lamp is a fail.

J

·
0 Posts
I didn't know they were changing the MOT laws. I'll have to tell my other half. But at least for us, we got a really good mechanic who just lets things through, shall we say. My father-in-law's Jag should have failed on its water jets not working, needs a new pump or something but I ain't got round to doing it yet, but he let that through for us. My 307 has the same fault but due to a one of the computer fuses or something... I don't know, has to wait till I got more money.
If the good mechanic does too much of that, he might not be a mechanic for long :nono: he'll get caught out one day :nod:

S

·
0 Posts
To be honest a good mechanic would surely recognise that having a MIL light on for a sensor fault isnt worth a fail

What do they do for the early cars that dont have a whole host of ecu's and indicators, they could be rotten mechanically but the dash would say otherwise!

Same goes for airbag, what about cars without them?

I aso read that cat/dpf removal and remaps are fails, but how they'd detect a remap i dont know!

Can o worms, opened!! :lol:

edit: to keep this semi on topic, if you find somewhere cheap that removes crash data let me know sheridan!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts