Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

need some help I have been looking at a replacing my car and went to see one last night and the guy told me it was in great order to find out the DMF was on its way out and few other bits I thought I would leave it as I want a car
that I can jump into and drive and not do any big work for a few months I don't mind doing a service like oil or timing belt as its not that bad where a clutch is more work lol,

so driving back home my car came up with a ABS fault and air bag fault, the car was down on power as well I thought too, so tonight I scanned the car
and one fault is easy I will sort that out tomorrow abs air gap on the rear wheel,

the other one is: Permanent Fault, right air bag and right curtain bag in product open circuit.

and the other is:
intermittent fault, accelerator pedal blocked, strategy activated p1537

any ideas

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
update. Fixed the ESP/ABS fault (air gap) and Airbag it was the pug under the drivers seat,

any clues on the accelerator pedal ?
if you or someone else has put there foot under the pedal and lifted it that could cause problems, I would keep a not of it and clear it to see if it come back

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with mine being a electric accelerator you cant bring it up like the wired pedals, i have kept the code but i got another pedal to try it came out of a 1.6 HDi the only change i see that its a lot easy to press than the older one.

i will try it over the weekend and see if the code goes away and report back:thumb:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have you got a code reader that can display streaming data? If so have a look at the accelerator data, might shed some light on what might be causing the problem. If you have changed the pedal for an identical one and are still getting that code you need to check the wiring between the pedal and ECU as a starting point. Don't forget that with most Pugs when you change the pedal the car usually has to go on diagnostics to learn the new pedal limits other wise it might flag up as being "stuck".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts