Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!

Proud new owner of a Peugeot RCZ here. Not planning on doing much to the car other then the one Ive already started.
As the standard stereo is kind of a lackluster I bought an aftermarket Chinese Android unit to replace it.
But here is where the problem starts, and the reason I ask here is that I have a feeling some might have faced the same problem, and also have a solution on how to fix it.

Installing the new unit was just plug and play, and as of now everythink seems to work well, from the GPS to the Wifi.
But the issue is as follows:

There is no sound coming from the unit. If I change the volume in any way I will get sound for about 2 seconds before it cuts off. This applies to both apps like Youtube and the radio. Sound via bluetooth doesnt seem to work though.

Also, this only works as long as the BT is on. If I turn off the BT on the unit there is no sound at all.

Does anyone have any solution to the problem? I could probably return the product and get my money back, but I really would prefer to fix it rather then the hassle of sending it back to China.

Adding a picture of how the wiring looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: After looking around the entire world wide web it seems that this is a common issue when instaling an aftermarket unit with the integrated JBL sound system already in the car. I`ve also seen several people have been adressing the issue and even how to fix this, but I can`t really find any specific guide on how to either bypass the JBL amplifier or change the wiring?

Also it might seem the ones who sent me the unit sent a Canbus not concidering the car has the integrated JBL sound system. Could changing the canbus be enough aswell?

·
Registered
95 Posts
First of all, You need to connect any speakers to output of the unit. To see, if the issue is related to JBL amp as You mentioned You have, or the unit itslef.
If the sound stops, there might be something with the headunit.

Next You would need to get schmenatic diagram of Your current audio system, means You need to see, where are which speakers connected on pillars (door connections) and to see, if JBL amp is connected to (and thus controlled by) CAN. If it is the case, You might not get it working thru JBL. In my case (Peugeot 3008), when equipped with Focal amp, head unit outputs constant signal (output does not react to volume knob) and whole controls (volume, eq, fader) gets via CAN to amplifier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts