Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate bought a pioneer stereo for his 55 plate 207 today, we got the wiring and aerial connector that's all on fine, but it needs power. I was just wondering where's the bet place to cut into? Ciggy lighter? If so, what's the best way to get to it? Surely the wire runs down the back of the stereo with the loom, can someone show me pics of the right one? Or at least how to get the centre console out for me to get to it. I'd rather cut into it at the top for the obvious reason (less hassle).
Cheers guys. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if anyone knows what wire is the live from the standard stereo with pics. Any help would be much appreciated as a bit stuck! Lol

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If you have the correct loom adapter there should be no reason to go searching for a live supply. The Live / Switched Live and BSI controlled live are all present in the Quadlock. A multimeter or 12v test lamp/screwdriver will help identifying them.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
ITS best not to cut ANYTHING as storeman says what you need is there BUT it may not work as you intend and if you do mess with the wiring its very easy to end up with a car that no longer starts !

·
Registered
687 Posts
Plug identifiers are on this page (scroll down a bit)

RT3 fiche différentes... - Autoradio - Electronique embarquée - FORUM Forum-Peugeot

It's in French but should be clear and allows the comparison of the different feeds for a quad lock plug and the ISO plugs. I would highly recommend a stalk interface though as it will give the switched live feed and permanent feed and the VAN interface to allow for auto-dimming and save a lot of hassle

If you decide to take a live feed, take it from pin 16 on the diagnostic plug and it's then easy to thread it through behind the dash to the back of the radio.

·
Registered
54 Posts
like the original poster i too bought the adapter from halfords that required cutting in switched power (on their advice as a temp solution i linked the perm power to the switched feed) so that it was always powered and worked but turned off when the front display was removed from the radio

i since then did the research and bought an adapter that has a "phantom" power lead built in Connects2 CT20PE04 Harness Adapter

CT20PE04 Harness Adapter Peugeot 207/307/407 | Car Audio Direct

it is just a plug and play adapter no cutting of wires at all the stereo now turns off properly when the key is removed from the ignition just dissapointed that halfords sell the "wrong" adapter in my eyes for the car

only thing i dont have is the stalk adapter but as its my girlfriends car and she doesnt like using them its no big problem

am i correct in thinking twice a year i will have to connect the old radio to change the clock to be the correct time or is there a simple workaround for this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thought i'd just revive this thread to say the connects2 CT20PE04 harness adaptor given in the earlier link works perfectly and sorted my annoying problem.

Had exactly the same issue as the OP, halfords adaptor wouldn't turn the radio turn off when the key was removed. Found this old thread through google.

The adaptor works straight out of the box. The loose blue wire is for if your car has a power aerial and the orange wire is if you radio dims with the dash lights, that info isn't given on the adaptor packaging. If your car has those then you just insert into the corresponding terminal on the adaptor. My 207 doesn't have those (don't think any do?) so just put a bit of sleeving over the end and tucked them down the back out of the way.

Thanks sianderson for the link.

Just keep your old radio if changing out so you can still set/change the date/time ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
How does that give access to the dash menu when it was originally done through buttons on the old radio?

I don't think you can access the time settings from the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
How does that give access to the dash menu when it was originally done through buttons on the old radio?

I don't think you can access the time settings from the steering wheel controls?
The interface will be built and programmed to transfer the functions from the original head unit to the remaote stalk by sending the correct canbus messages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar problem

Good morning all

I have a 207 2011 Allure but my problem is the plug from the car side to the radio has been cut off. Done by the previous owner.

Need to know what wires go where and the colour code for them.
Tried to connect a radio but can only get sound out of one speaker. Right front one only.

Would I need to get a new plug and wire it up or can I rewire without. Not worried about the steering controls working at all.

Need sound in my car boring with nothing.:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts