Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2005 Peugeot 307 with the factory installed stereo (which works ok but doesn't have bluetooth) and CD changer (which sort of works!)

I want to try and fit an aftermarket stereo to it. I have done a bit of research and I discovered that apparently the Peugeot's stereo wiring harness is the same type as was in my old Citroen. When the stereo was in my Citroen the guys in Halfrauds wired it into the fuse box because apparently you can't power the stereo from the normal wiring harness.

This is less than ideal, because it means having to keep the full ignition turned on to use the radio. I want to fit the stereo into my wife's car myself (don't want to get Halfrauds to do it) but wire it up so that she can use the stereo when the key is in the ACC position. It would be great if there was some sort of adaptor I could buy that would allow me to connect everything up without too much hassle.

So, my questions are as follows:

1. IS there an adaptor I can buy that will both allow me to connect the stereo to the existing wiring loom AND provide it with power?

2. If there isn't, what is the quickest and most feasible way of supplying power to the stereo?

3. Would I be better just taking the whole thing to an auto electrician or competent stereo installer (NOT Halfrauds)?

·
Registered
441 Posts
My wife has a 2005 Peugeot 307 with the factory installed stereo (which works ok but doesn't have bluetooth) and CD changer (which sort of works!)

I want to try and fit an aftermarket stereo to it. I have done a bit of research and I discovered that apparently the Peugeot's stereo wiring harness is the same type as was in my old Citroen. When the stereo was in my Citroen the guys in Halfrauds wired it into the fuse box because apparently you can't power the stereo from the normal wiring harness.

This is less than ideal, because it means having to keep the full ignition turned on to use the radio. I want to fit the stereo into my wife's car myself (don't want to get Halfrauds to do it) but wire it up so that she can use the stereo when the key is in the ACC position. It would be great if there was some sort of adaptor I could buy that would allow me to connect everything up without too much hassle.

So, my questions are as follows:

1. IS there an adaptor I can buy that will both allow me to connect the stereo to the existing wiring loom AND provide it with power?

2. If there isn't, what is the quickest and most feasible way of supplying power to the stereo?

3. Would I be better just taking the whole thing to an auto electrician or competent stereo installer (NOT Halfrauds)?
You might want to see my post (#4) in this thread In addition on that; IIRC the key switched line is active from the 1st (accessories) key position.

If that doesn't work for you, I'd use a fuse tap

(inserts itself between the fuse box socket and the original fuse (which also goes into the tap to provide power to the origiinal equipment the fuse powers) and provides a new fused line that you can run to the new HU. Pick a fuse to tap that shows the correct behaviour you want (constant/switched key/switched BSI)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
An aftermarket radio will work as you suggest but you must be carefull not to short out the canbus wires in the original wiring BUT you will need to mess with wiring its not plug and play.

Peugeot and citroen are the same thing when it comes to radios all the parts are the same as are the problems you encounter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a connects2 steering wheel interface kit to go in my 2010 expert, plugged straight into the wiring on both ends, the kit creates a ignition switched live for the radio to work, all steering wheel controls work as normal with aftermarket unit and I can still adjust the clock, dash settings etc (originally done through the radio, now done through the steering wheel controls.)

Really easy to fit, it is completely plug & play.

Also it creates a reversing switch output & a speed signal & illumination output too.

I would highly recommend this option rather than wiring into fuse box etc.

Tried an autoleads one from halfrauds but was rubbiah, connects2 all the way!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just as Ian said.
I have a 2004 307 and I purchased an adapter between the aftermarket brand I'm using and the Peugeot standard connector in the car with included adapter for the steering wheel control.
It worked perfect.
Search for a model specific adapter (booth car and stereo) and it should work fine.
You will loose the display function from the radio on the cars display but the new radio probably have its own display.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I need to have a go - and hope I don't damage anything! I'll have a look on the connects2 website and see if I can find the bits I need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts