Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my friend's car Peugeot 307, 2002.
It has central locking with key only and remote didn't come with it.
He tried to have aftermarket remote system but workshop people said, it is not possible to install in peugeot 307, is it?
Please advise if it is possible then which wires to connect with remote alarm system. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ john-h & teerak2uk, Thanks for the reply.
I discussed with him just now. What i got is the following.
1: Security System works on Positive or Negative Trigger.
2: Peugeot has one main wire controlling command for open and lock the doors.
and which is negative.
3: Aftermarket security system has 2 wires with capability to fix for Positive or Negative Trigger and in case for single wire, then both wires of security system will be connected together to same wire.
4: They even tried but now success, they connected the security system both wires together to the wire which is coming through Central Locking switch on Dash board. is it right??? :confused:
He also said that, the wire of Peugeot 307 for central lock changes from Negative to Positive and Reverse upon locking or unlocking the vehicle and security system does not response when they connect it to that wire.
This is what I could understand from him. He got an example of BMW from Workshop which also has one command wire to lock or unlock and security system works good in that.
May be they are afraid of playing with wiring of Peugeot which already famous here because of it's complex electronics.
Could you tell the connection details for Aftermarket Security system for Peugeot 307. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
I have got a reference about to install a alarm system on 307 or 307cc
Reference is from Cobra Security system.
I don't know if I am allowed to put links for their PDF file here through Google search.
Please advise me accordingly so you experts could help me with that reference. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
go ahead and post a direct link, should end with /documentname.pdf :thumb:

as for connecting an alarm system, is there not a system which has a seperate trigger say a remote commander. constantly powered by the constant live.

to arm the alarm or disarm...you press the buttons on a seperate remote :thumb:

also i would give your local dealer about their alarm kits for cost...as you know they will then work...obv you can buy the kit and get your guy to fit. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks john_h,
I am not genius like you about car and accessories. obv, there should be a specific alarm kit for specific installation conditions for different cars. He is using a alarm kit with remote 838M(New) from ¹ã¶«Ìú½«¾ü·ÀµÁÉ豸ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ it's Chinese but good quality and water proof remotes.
File link for cobra security system is bellow. they are mentioning general system wiring, satellite system as well as remote system controlled by radio. Have they used diodes too? Please advise if any wiring difference in 2002 and 2006.
http://www.m-sjoberg-ab.se/pdf/3868info/Peugeot_307_307CC_2006.pdf

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
just doing a bit of reading and from what i have read there was a change from traditional positive to negative...as you described earlier to full can bus. the 2006 will more than likely be full can bus so wires will be different. im going to do a bit more reading of the pdf and have a look about and get back to you :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sorry i have been away on a long drive about again...from newcastle to london to aberdeen...will get back to you by the end of the day when i have something :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thanks, managed to get back to work but found i have spit the intercooler intake hose...so now my engine roars when i accelerate...absolutely no power at all up hills! but that is for another thread :lol:

ok from reading the two links and other websites the alarm your gaffa is going to use will not work, as he mentioned about the pos to neg etc etc.

cobra have a different setup and are fully can-bus capable so fitting their options is a good idea. although a bit pricey.

from this i got an idea and did more research and found a solution for £55.

http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/falcon-predator-canbus-upgrade-alarm-system-p-374.html

according to the pdf file. you can fit the alarm but you must get the alarm feature turned on in the ECU/BSI by the dealer or a holder of peugeot planet (plenty about).

if i were you i would personally buy this kit and pay your gaff to install it, as he knows his way around etc.

let me know what you think and ill try to help :thumb:

on a side note, why are you interested in buying/installing an aftermarket alarm?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts