Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,745 Posts
You're supposed to cut a hole in the back of the bulb cover which then is sealed up with the rubber grommet the wires run through that was cut off! Otherwise you will probably find your headlights will steam up like mad come the colder weather.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello people,
I've been toying with the idea of fitting some 4300k hids to my 307 sw with projector headlights.
Could anyone recommend a good quality make ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yes,

short on money, go for these:
NEW 55W CANBUS SLIM HID XENON CONVERSION KIT AC BALLAST - ALL BULBS/COLOURS | eBay

Plenty of cash to splash? go with these -

Catalog Gift Search[]=192&model=959&year=2806

make sure to selec the right fitting.
and just remember, the more they cost the better the quality:thumb:

·
5,630 Posts
I fitted HID's to my 807 and 307. I found the 6K bulbs worked the best and also if you do not have projector headlights use H1R or H7R kits.

These have a small shield fitted to the bulb and reduce the annoying glare/scatter which pi$$ off on coming traffic etc when the kits are fitted to standard reflector headlights.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I fitted HID's to my 807 and 307. I found the 6K bulbs worked the best and also if you do not have projector headlights use H1R or H7R kits.

These have a small shield fitted to the bulb and reduce the annoying glare/scatter which pi$$ off on coming traffic etc when the kits are fitted to standard reflector headlights.
How would I know if my 307 had projector light please

Are we sure they are legal at mot without headlamp washers and auto level ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
How would I know if my 307 had projector light please

Are we sure they are legal at mot without headlamp washers and auto level ?

mot should pass aslong as hid kits are in a projector set, you can tell this as the projector lookss like its got an eye.. lol. google it.

they should pass if the beam pattern is fine. a trip to a garage will get them in line:nod:

·
Registered
95 Posts
What year is yours ? I think all the newer facelift models have projectors fitted.
They have like a round lens in front of the bulb if that makes any sense

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What year is yours ? I think all the newer facelift models have projectors fitted.
They have like a round lens in front of the bulb if that makes any sense
Yes that sounds like mine it's a facelift 2006 looks like a big bulb covering a small bulb in truth when I first got it thought they were hid my specs say halogen

Cheers

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
5,630 Posts
Facelift headlights will not fit earlier models, the facelift changed front panel/bumper/wings/bonnet and lights changed shape to match :(

I was looking to change all the parts but even second hand was not cost effective

41 - 60 of 166 Posts