Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine are in the bumper manual says dealer job for changing bulb lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
seriouse? wow hahaha i dont think iv got ny fogs only rear. never used it in fog so not sure.
im wanting some projector lights, is there a link some has for a pair that will go into my 307. ive got some angel eyes on my list but wud like to c if there r ny factory sets?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
seriouse? wow hahaha i dont think iv got ny fogs only rear. never used it in fog so not sure.
im wanting some projector lights, is there a link some has for a pair that will go into my 307. ive got some angel eyes on my list but wud like to c if there r ny factory sets?
Jack

Do the light run hotter than halogen just wonder if I would melt my fogs lol

Do nt know answer to your qstn could you install a bar and mount extra light on there, only thing is it can eat the battery as it can mean more out than the alternator can cope with

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jack

Do the light run hotter than halogen just wonder if I would melt my fogs lol

Do nt know answer to your qstn could you install a bar and mount extra light on there, only thing is it can eat the battery as it can mean more out than the alternator can cope with

Hi mate. HID kits are suppose to be cooler tha halogen. But in my experiance which i have alot of with these things due to installing hundreds. I honestly think they are hotter. Ive touched a halogen while on n it hurt. Iv touched a hid while on and it blisterd. Fog plastics are usualy thciker and should be ok with 55w max hids. Ive had 100w hids in my heads and theyve left a sort of smudge mark. Grrrrr. One day ill get round to measure the temps.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi mate. HID kits are suppose to be cooler tha halogen. But in my experiance which i have alot of with these things due to installing hundreds. I honestly think they are hotter. Ive touched a halogen while on n it hurt. Iv touched a hid while on and it blisterd. Fog plastics are usualy thciker and should be ok with 55w max hids. Ive had 100w hids in my heads and theyve left a sort of smudge mark. Grrrrr. One day ill get round to measure the temps.
Thanks Jack

I will have a look see if I can find the fog specs and if a kit is available might give it a go,

Cheers

Allan

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi looks as if the car may have one of two bulbs would need to pull one out may be h11 55w bulbs

Bet you are looking forward to doing your images lol

Yes beat bet to pull one out. Just been looking. Some have h11 some have h1 some have h7 .
Ive got the pics just need to upload wen i get home.
Just a quick installation guide with tips.
Iv wired all over my engine bay and atil havnt got round to cleanin thwm up but oh well

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
INSTALLATION

Ive created this quick guide to show people how to install hid kits.

Ok so first off, pop your bonnet.......lol

You should get 2 ballast units and 2 bulbs along with a few wires attatched,
They may look like mine, here i am only showing you one side install.

now you need to unscrew the bulb covers and take out the old bulb. The metal clips holding them in an be a real pain but once you figure them out there pretty easy to do. push them down and move them to the side then release.

(307) in my car there is a cable clipped into the unit. pull on the red bit and it will unlock it. remove it and move it to the side.

Now get the wires that where attatched to the original bulb and put them to the side

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
On my hid kit the wires on the bulb are held together with a rubber thing. i find it easier to remove this. what i did was cut it with scissors be careful not to cut the wires.

Next you need to get the bulb. it will have 2 wires on it.
slide the wires through the metal clip on the head light unit so that the bulb is on the side it needs to be on and the wires are away from the clip.

now put the bulb into the head light and heres a quick tip. looking at the bulb there is a part that sticks up on the metal ring. look at the headlight unit it looks like this part goes down....wrong. it goes the oposite way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
get the other wires that where conected to the bulb set that we removed earlier. they have 2 wires with metal ends. these go into the original wiring loom like this pic:::

connect the bulb wires to the main unit. using the easy to use connectors like so

connect the male plug to the female socket from the power to the main unit (ballast)

(307) connect up the red plug

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
and test your headlights are working correctly

ok now to place the ballast units.

find a screw or bolt area to fix it to. on my 307 i fastened it to the airbox in this location like so.

congrats. hid kit is not installed. the same can be done on the other side .

I dont have on my plastic cover to protect the wires as the wires need to come out. you can modify them with a hole if you really want to.

C

·
0 Posts
Awesome guide bud. I have a similar kit but I cut a hole in the headlight bulb cover big enough to fit the rubber grommit thing in and used some black silicone to seal it but it was quite fiddly and I just found it easier to remove the headlight to do this and left it out for a while so it can set :thumb:

In addition Allan I genuinely think the HID's run at a lower temperature as in the winter I have to scrape the ice off the headlamps with HID's fitted as oppose to it melting with normal halogen bulbs :D Never touched them with my hands though as I don't like burns :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Awesome guide bud. I have a similar kit but I cut a hole in the headlight bulb cover big enough to fit the rubber grommit thing in and used some black silicone to seal it but it was quite fiddly and I just found it easier to remove the headlight to do this and left it out for a while so it can set :thumb:

In addition Allan I genuinely think the HID's run at a lower temperature as in the winter I have to scrape the ice off the headlamps with HID's fitted as oppose to it melting with normal halogen bulbs :D Never touched them with my hands though as I don't like burns :rolleyes:
Oh no someone had to think about winter lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Yes i was thinkin of cutting them. I said sumert bout it in the guide too. But i dont have much patience haha. And as for temps. Ive done this too. Hids dont melt the ice. But they make them steam when its raining...... And they frigin hurt when touched. Ive got a heat gun temp thing. Will try get round to testing nxt week.

C

·
0 Posts
Oh no someone had to think about winter lol

Hey Come on I work shifts in winter nearly everytime I go out my car its frozen :mad:

Yes i was thinkin of cutting them. I said sumert bout it in the guide too. But i dont have much patience haha. And as for temps. Ive done this too. Hids dont melt the ice. But they make them steam when its raining...... And they frigin hurt when touched. Ive got a heat gun temp thing. Will try get round to testing nxt week.
Would be interesting to see which is defo hotter with out you having to burn your hands :eek:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Oh no 4 letter words Work lol

Have to admit for me to switch my bulb in the fog I would want a simple one bulb out one bulb in solution

Cut holes nono not even fond of adding extra wiring, now that's not to say pug electrics are temperamental but I may think that lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Oh no 4 letter words Work lol

Have to admit for me to switch my bulb in the fog I would want a simple one bulb out one bulb in solution

Cut holes nono not even fond of adding extra wiring, now that's not to say pug electrics are temperamental but I may think that lol

The amount of wires varies dependin on bulb type with hid kits. For example my past car (206) has h4 fittings. These hid kits need wires to the battery.bulbs.ballast to ballsst and if needed high beam.... Where as my 307 the hid bulbs go in. The original wires go in and done. Ive not done it for fogs but ive been told yellow is best. 3000k/4000k

21 - 40 of 166 Posts