Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently put an aftermarket Headunit into my 307 cc.... I am pretty sure that it is all wired correctly... as it is working.

Can anyone tell me why when I turn off the ignition, the Headunit continues to stay on and play, and then goes off after a few minutes?

It is quite annoying and not what I want!

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

ArtieUK

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The answer is pretty simple in that the switched live wire in the head unit connector actually mates up with a BSI controlled switched live which stays powered up until the BSI goes into sleep or standby mode. If you stand by the car after getting out you will notice the radio goes off when the odometer display in the dash goes off.

On the Peugeots I've fitted after market units in there has been a true switched live sitting right next to the BSI switched live and needs the cable in the head unit connector moving along one space to what is usually an empty place in the plug. Once this is done the radio will turn off with the ignition. It also means that to use the radio with the engine off requires the key to be in the ignition and turned to the acc position. I did have a photo but seem to have lost it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts