Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just removed the standard stereo units (tape deck + cd changer combination) and fitted an Alpine unit.

First problem I ran into was the unit not turning off when taking the key out of the ignition, after a search I followed thoughts by Stubbo over several threads about swapping pin 7 on the ISO connection into pin 6 and the problem was resolved. Would benefit from a sticky I think.

I am still having problems with the radio presets being saved when I take the key out of the ignition. From searching I understand this is usually solved by swapping over the red and yellow wires, it seemed to work (not 100% on this though) before I swapped pins over in the ISO adapter but definately doesn't now. Anyone any ideas?

Also, what is the best way of getting my iPod connection from the back of the head unit to the glove box?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah its definately the red and yellow connections that you need to swap over so in principle your swapping the constant live input with the ignition live. this will then save your radio and settings.

but you said it wouldnt switch off if this is the case...i had this problem once. i just went into the setting and set the auto-off for 30 secs...so when i press the off button, it goes into standby and shows the time for 30 secs then clicks off entirely until i press on again. you can also switch it off without this option (but i think all aftermarket hu do) is to take the front panel off the radio.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at what the wires mean it makes sense for them not to be swapped, I think..?

On the back of my head unit it says Red = Switched Power, Yellow = Battery. I have just swapped the red wire in the ISO connector (on the head unit end) to pin 6, so this must be the switched power, as it solved my ignition problem?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, might be working... Just saved one preset and took the key out of the ignition, closed and locked the doors and waited until the mileage on the dashboard disapeared and then opened and turned on the ignition, preset was still there. Hopefully still will be when I go check at lunch.

Just had my first experience with a main dealer, rang and to ask about a cubbyhole type part to replace my changer, got very snotty when I didn't have my VIN and took about 10 minutes to tell me he didn't have it in stock... Then when I asked for the part number so I didn't have to go through the same explaination again he said he couldn't give it to me, not sure what he thought I was going to do with it? :confused: Although saying that I quickly found the part number on here, called another dealer and ordered the part, seemed like a much friendlier guy.

Anyone got any ideas about running the cable from the back of the head unit to the glove box?

S

·
0 Posts
Just an fyi, the red/yellow swap has only been needed for sony headunits as far as ive found on these so far

With other models i've still done the pin 6/7 swap to cure ignition issue but thats all i did, the red/yellow swap wasnt needed! :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the moment it is not coming on with the ignition (I have to press the power button), it is turning off with the ignition and it is not storing my presets. Red/yellow isn't swapped but pin 7 has been moved to 6.

Will have another play tonight I guess, any ideas would be appreciated.

Also still need a way to get a cable from the back into the glovebox.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would go back to where it wouldnt switch off, and try it using the setting i mentioned before for auto off and try that, to see if it fully switches off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed! Will add what I did just incase it helps someone searching in the future.

Put the wires back as normal and as it was working independantly of the ignition I was able to use that feed (the one that was going in as the switched feed) as the one for the battery feed. Used the switched feed from pin 6.

Also ran the cable into the glovebox, there is a hole on the right hand wall that runs into the space behind, quite fiddly to get the cable through to somewhere you can grab it from the stereo hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts