Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ,

I have done a search but havent found exactly the answer i wanted so I thought i'd ask - i have got myself another head unit for my car to replace the RD3 clarion one - to give me a bit more funtionality.

So two things , do i need to remove anything dash wise to fit this ?- my last car was a punto and you could just get into the back of the steroe without a care in the world.

Secondly I see that there is alot of witre changing chat on here in regards to the ISO plugs etc . Is that for anything special or am i goning to have to do this too ?

I was kind a hoping like the punto it would be a case of fitting the sleeve in and a way you go ??

any help much appreciated , thanks

N

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, just pull old one out and put new one in. You might experience the cd player turning on when you open the doors.

Post back if that does happen.

G

·
What year is your car?

And you will lose some parts of your centre display (radio station, current cd track etc) volume controls near steering wheel will also stop working, you can buy an adapter to correct this though!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Stubbo, do you know what adaptor I need to get to make a ripspeed cd player work with the steering wheel controls.

I think its the same as a sony one, not sure........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses much appreciated

Its an 03 plate 307 2.0l Rapier - I know i will lose funtionality , but until i can be bothered paying for the adpater i am giving it a miss and willing to go without just now.

and it does turn on when the doors are opened as you said might happen daffy...

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any takers fellas?

the door opening thing i kind of get the idea from some previous posts , but a bit unsure just what pin 5/6 is when looking at the plug .. also when people say swapping ther yellow and red cables what do they mean ?

Thanks folks , all elp appreciated.

G

·
Only just spotted this one

If you are looking from the back of the iso plug, from the radio side, pin 8 is bottom right (black - ground as far as i remember, next to red?)

So the layout should be like this..

However i could be mistaken, use the ground as your guide and you can work out the layout using the above :thumb:

And daf, i'm not too sure on yours, you'll need the adapter box i've mentioned on previous posts, and i beleive (but dont quote me on this) that the clarion lead works for ripspeed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autoleads-Pat...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item4399ddc50b

But as i mentioned you'll need the X44 box as well, and they are a bugger to wire in!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.