Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello PUG users. Last week I had strange issues regarding to my Peugeot 3008 2019 1.5 BlueHdi with ODO 37kKM. A lot of errors appeared on my dashboard (airbag error, break error etc.)
I went to to my dealers because car is still on warranty and they claimed, that my battery is broken (it had less than 40% capacity) I made full charge and next day it was the same. Unfortunatelly dealer adviced to replace it but on my cost because battery have only 2 years of warranty.
I'm wondering if I had such bad luck or something is wrong with batteries in this model. 3 years of living is way to short in my opinion...

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
Car batteries don't last forever, and do normally last longer or die in the first 12 months or less.

A better question in my mind is what killed my battery, and was this preventable ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12 month? In my friends car there is first battery since 8 years.. And I know many other cases. 3 years is to short. I red that normal it should die in 5 years...

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
I don't think you understood what I said, very well. The battery either dies in warranty, normally within the first 12 months, or tends to last.

You also failed to think about the issue altogether. Like what caused this failure outside of warranty.

Did I let the battery get uncharged, etc ?

·
13,282 Posts
12 month? In my friends car there is first battery since 8 years.. And I know many other cases. 3 years is to short. I red that normal it should die in 5 years...
Is it a stop-start battery in your friend's car?

Assuming yours has stop-start technology, its known that they have a much shorter life because they're stopping and starting several times a day rather than just the twice a regular battery would be used.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is your charger designed to charge AGM battery?

I would defo argue about it with dealer. 2 years may be the battery manufacturer warranty. But if battery originally fitted to a new car by Peugeot, and now your car is defective / unusable due to the battery fault.. I think it should be Peugeot problem not yours. Not every part in a car is manufactured directly bar car factory right? Most likely barely any..

If battery has not been damaged by miss use / incorrect charging etc. I then disagree with that dealer approach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi PUG clients. Last week I had abnormal issues in regards to my Peugeot 3008 2019 1.5 BlueHdi with ODO 37kKM. A great deal of mistakes showed up on my dashboard (airbag blunder, break blunder and so forth.)
I went to my vendors since vehicle is still on guarantee and they asserted, that my battery is broken (it had under 40% limit) I made full charge and following day it was something similar. Unfortunatelly vendor adviced to supplant it yet on my expense since battery have just 2 years of guarantee.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is your charger designed to charge AGM battery?

I would defo argue about it with dealer. 2 years may be the battery manufacturer warranty. But if battery originally fitted to a new car by Peugeot, and now your car is defective / unusable due to the battery fault.. I think it should be Peugeot problem not yours. Not every part in a car is manufactured directly bar car factory right? Most likely barely any..

If battery has not been damaged by miss use / incorrect charging etc. I then disagree with that dealer approach.
They told me, that it is usabe part as breakers or wheels. OFC I used my car normal as always. I bought new EUROREPAR battery because original was 2 times more expensive. We will observe how it will act. Now I have 2 years of warranty but I will do tests on my own earlier. I think, that it was something wrong with battery...

·
Registered
251 Posts
it all depends on a car, on weather and on how short trips you have... in Qashqai i had to replace battery twice within first 3-4 years. in the end had to do a small trick to make computer to think that battery is always less charged than it is so now it charges it better and no issues with battery since then.... on Toyota i had battery for 7 years before i replaced it...
if you drive short distances and have this S/S on then no wonder it went bad this quickly... and no service would ever change battery for free after initial 3y of car warranty... some refuse to do that already after 2y if that is written in the warranty book...
i would recommend to invest in a good AGM battery and if you travel on short distances then either charge it regularly or make a long trip at least once a month (in cold winter twice)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts