Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I'm about to buy a used expert 2.0hdi 130 with full service history ( Main Dealer) 2012 Reg with just over 110k miles on the clock.

Am i asking for trouble buying something 3 years old with this amount of miles?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
These engines work better with lots of miles low mileage engines are where you get the most trouble.

2 reasons for this
1 they tend to get driven harder daily this keeps everything working properly
2 anything that is likely to break EGR valves flywheels etc will already have been broken on the high mileage engine so has already been replaced on a low mileage engine its all still there waiting to bite you :)

These engines do have a problem with rockers/timing belt/dropped valves at around the 160-200k mile mark though but a low mileage engine with poor history could suffer the same thing at 80k miles so factor in the possibility of engine failure and a used replacement in your calculations :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Bought a 3 year old 807 years ago from BCA with 129K on the clock, its now got 212K but the original 2.2 Hdi engine has only needed some sensors, HP pump and a crankshaft pulley. Main reason is that engine oil has been changed every 10K from new, I'm sure if you do this using the correct oil for the engine you'll be fine. Don't forget the timing belt should have been done at max 80K I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts