Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

307 1.4 HDI

The EGR Valve is definitely causing problems. The car really feels sluggish & struggles to keep up with traffic. Under heavy load or acceleration it puffs out a lot of black smoke.

I just want the black smoke to disappear and the performance to return.

Would blanking the EGR Valve using a GOLF Tee do exactly the same job as the blanking plate?

Thanks

Adam :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its vacuum operated then a golf tee in the vacuum line is fine

if its electrical you need a blanking plate
Thanks Monty for your reply

It is a vacuum operated. If the EGR Valve is stuck on the open position and i install a golf tee in the vacuum pipe, would it still blank off the EGR Valve?

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for your reply

Monty, Pal. There are 2 vacuum pipe on the solenoid and i'm not really to sure which one controls the EGR Valve.

There are 2 Pipe on solenoid:

One of the pipe has suction/vacuum once removed.
The second pipe has NO Vacuum/suction.

Which pipe do you reckon needs to be blanked.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Thank You guys for your help and support, much appreciated.

For those that have an old 1.4 HDi that has a solenoid at the front with 2 rubber pipes. THe rubber pipe that has NO vacuum or suction is the one that controls that EGR valve. It also has a white mark around the collar.

I have not blanked the EGR valve with a golf tee yet but have removed the pipe from the solenoid...... and boy i must say at first the performance was same however NOW it really does lift off at low revs and it feels pretty quick for a 1.4 HDI.... I am delighted :)

I will shove a golf tee in it tomorrow. Overall i'm glad ive done it. I should have done it before.

Does anyone have a proven cure that they have personally tried and tested for noisy tappets? Could flushing the engine cure tappets issue on a high mileage car?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts