Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After taking my car in to have the DMF/Clutch, Engine Fan and Cam Belt changed the car has come out of the garage with a P2140 fault code and the car violently shakes at speed.

I returned the car to the garage today and was told no.4 injector was retarded and the P2140 was due to the ECM(we changed the pedal thinking it might be that). I mentioned about the cam belt possibly being out but they told me they do these all the time and it isn't likely. In my mind these faults were not there when the car went in? Im sure the fault journal would show this?

What would you do? What are your thoughts on what this could be? My feeling is that wiring has been disturbed? and that the P2140 error is causing the vibration/injector problems? Is the garage duty bound to fix this issue? I've spent a lot of money to have the car fixed back to 100% only to end up with more problems when it has come out

Thanks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have invoiced us for a dmf Martin. Never thought about a solid conversion might have gone in. Bit of a drastic job to find out

·
Registered
821 Posts
at what speed? mine used to vibrate like hell at 140km/h, turned out one of the weights from the wheel fell off and it was completely out of balance, i was amazed how bad that felt just because of 20g falling off. so maybe its worth having wheels re-balanced :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
After taking my car in to have the DMF/Clutch, Engine Fan and Cam Belt changed the car has come out of the garage with a P2140 fault code and the car violently shakes at speed.

What would you do?

did you pay by credit card? if you did then get your money back, that's the lovely thing about credit cards a bit of security if things go wrong leaves the worry with the garage. no fix no money.:confused:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 1.6HDi

The P2140 code I've been told is to do with the speed limiting/cruise control system and is one of voltage and can be ignored?

The injector they say is not causing the vibration I don't think we were clear maybe that was another fault which has been there all along. They say it is more than likely wheel balance and have asked us to come in with it on Friday. They do say it was a new Valeo DMF that went in and that the weight couldnt have fallen off as they are brand new flywheels and weights are welded on

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What would you do?

did you pay by credit card? if you did then get your money back, that's the lovely thing about credit cards a bit of security if things go wrong leaves the worry with the garage. no fix no money.:confused:
Yes but this is a fix which is being funded by the credit card company for being sold a duff car. So not sure where we stand for also disputing that :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They think it's the drive shafts. they want to take them out and reseat them(turning 180 degrees)

Also have a diesel leak on the injectors

Any ideas what they could have disturbed doing those jobs(DMF etc) to cause the P2140?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts