Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have purchased a 207 1.4 Petrol to use while I try and sort out the various issues with my 1.4 diesel summarised elsewhere.

Wasn't much money and has a reasonable service history. However, looking at the engine :

1. Should there be a heat-shield over the exhaust manifold.
2. The wiring connectors are held on with cable ties - presumably the original mounting brackets have been broken. Should I be suspicious ?
3. Right at the bottom of the front of the engine, there's what looks like kitchen foil wrapped around some sort of electrical sensor or solenoid. Any idea what that it - doesn't look quite right somehow !!

As always - advice and expert knowledge gratefully received.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Tin foil is standard fit :) it protects oil pressure switch from heat of the cat

Mounting bracket for the probe connectors is missing not a big deal really

Heatshield is missing but they tend to crack round the bolts and rattle so they just fall off or are removed to remove the rattle.

Engine may have been apart for a head gasket repair and they just left a few bits off :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great - thanks. It's a 12 year-old car, so I wasn't expecting perfection !!
Cambelt replaced and full service were part of "the deal" and it's a local small family run garage that I know well and has an honest reputation so I'm confident that if any big issues turn up in the first three months, they will be sorted. Cheers.

·
Registered
877 Posts
thing i notice is the manifold gasket is part of the heatsheild, but as long as its not leaking should be fine, although dont like how near that lambda wire is to the manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts