Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I am a plumber.

I have just signed up because my van was broken into last night, and I would like advice on the best and not necessarily most expensive way to beef up the locks and possibly alarm.

A warning to anyone else with a Peugeot Expert, a Fiat Scudo or Citreon Dispatch, the thieves got in by levering out the lower part of the side sliding door, until the sensor inside thinks the door is open, which in turn opens all the rear doors, and the alarm doesn't go off.

This has caused slight damage to the door and bodywork buy the rear wheel arch. Grrr.

Any advice very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Plus, if you need any plumbing advice I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

That is exactly how they got in.

I have read that they can knock the chunky sort of locks off with a big hammer.

I have made some enquiries, and looks like I might have to pay around a grand, for slam locks and a higher lock to prevent the side doors being being bent down, a loading bay and cab alarm, ouch!

I have seen them here sussexinstallations.co.uk

I will keep looking.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Its not just these vans connects are an easy target too the best security is to not leave anything worth stealing in the van but i know for some thats just not practical spending a grand on locks sounds a bit overkill though and forget alarms they dont do any real good as most just people ignore them anyway !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts