Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, sorry if this is a vague posts but i am after peoples honest opinions (i know the usual its only as good as the car is looked after etc).

My question is how reliable are the 1.6, 2.0 110 7 136bhp hdi are the dmf and Fap likely to be problematic.... I do a 300 mile motorway journey twice a week so in a way it should be less likely to give problems.

I have a owned a 307 estate (not SW) 2.0 hdi 90bhp for the last 6 months, have done 20,000 miles in it and it is now on 170,000. I have grown to become quite fond of the car, but the colour and the body work are not the best and im thinking of getting a 307 sw as i could benefit from the occasional extra seats. I chose the 2.0 hdi 90 bhp lump (although in honestly it does lack pulling power at times) i felt it was going to be the post reliable, no FAP no dual mass flywheel and its has proved v.reliable

On my search however a lot of the 307 (especially face-lifted ones) seem to have a 1.6 hdi or 2.0 hdi 110 bhp version, i dont think they do a 1.4 hdi.

My question is how reliable are the 1.6, 2.0 110 hdi are the dmf and Fap likely to be problematic.... I do a 300 mile motorway journey twice a week so in a way it should be less likely to give problems. Im just weary as i know my car well i knows its reliable, has been regularly serviced by myself etc .... i just want to change the colour but cannot justify the costs of a respray and really wanted the SW instead of the estate but it cropped up at the right time and was local and right price.

Thoughts welcome?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
personally i would avoid the 1.6 unless owned from new and serviced more often than peugeot specify in which case they are actually reliable.

Problem is they tend not to get looked after !

2 litre is best 110 is fine flywheels can be replaced with 90hp ones when required and the DPF is not as big an issue as some make it sound

·
Registered
548 Posts
As said above - finding one that has been looked after can be tricky.

For the past ~4yrs I've had a 2007 2ltr 136 sw.
DPF can be removed and mild map to circa 150 is realistic without too much additional strain.
Been very reliable, nice to drive, cheap to tax, MPG on a run mid to high 40's
Big costs have been timing belt, clutch and DMF. Around 100k I occasionally got a little bit of slip in 6th and as I planned to keep I arranged for clutch to be fitted - once stripped down it was worn crank seal causing oil misting when hot. Although clutch still had material left and DMF looked ok it was decided to replace anyway due to labour involved.
Other costs are usual 307 suspension parts etc. The only unexpected cost/repair was the coms unit - sourced a new unit for £150.

In summary - I love the 136 however the simplicity of the 110 is not something to ignore. I would avoid the 1.6 unless you personally know the owner/vehicle and can be sure it has been well looked after. Look out for a 110/136 and unless your really want one over the other just go with whatever is the best example you find.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
1.6 110 has been a nightmare for us at work - those who use it the most haven't taken any care of it at all. as reliable406 said, they need that little bit of extra care and nursing. Lovely to drive when they're happy, pain in the ar5e when they're not.

·
5,861 Posts
personally i would avoid the 1.6 unless owned from new and serviced more often than peugeot specify in which case they are actually reliable.

Problem is they tend not to get looked after !

2 litre is best 110 is fine flywheels can be replaced with 90hp ones when required and the DPF is not as big an issue as some make it sound
I second that my 2.0 hdi did 276K miles before i sold it and it was still running well and using no oil.

Changed to 90BHP flywheel when new clutch needed at around 140k and deleted DPF at around the 185K mark as could not justify cost of new unit/additive was also remapped to around 150BHP for over 120K miles with no issues

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for in replies, i think it will be very challenging to find a 1.6hdi in good well looked after condition.

How much does it cost approx for a flywheel/clutch change on a 110 and the DPF delete? This is what has always made me weary compared to what seems quite a simplified 90bhp 2.0 that i have.

Whats the differences dpf/clutch wise with 136/110, are there big differences economy wise too?

thankfully this time im in no rush so can really take time to find a good example im happy with as mine is touch wood still running great and in a way i probably wont get much money for it so may keep it running whilst its running good

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
110 and 136 are basicaly very similar the 136 is 16 valve version of the same engine DPF/CAT is the same on both in the 307 there is not much difference between them in terms of fuel economy or reliability they both are dual mass and both can be swapped to solid although the 136 flywheel is different to the 110 not sure the 90 flywheel works on a 136 have never tried

136 turbo control has more to it and can be problematic at times

·
5,861 Posts
I think paid £30 for a secondhand flywheel from local breakers then cost of a 90 clutch kit and 6 new flywheel bolts i had change from £150 when i did mine.

DPF delete will cost you a bit of time if you are happy to gut yourself, £15-20 for a KWP2000 or Galletto cable to download ecu and post file and me someone else can remove from map and send you back the file for free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts