Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just asking for suggestions, really. Please can someone help me make up my mind? :)

My 207 (HDi Sport) came with a few light kerb scrapes on the wheels and one has the inner rim slightly out-of-round by maybe 2mm, just enough for me to spot as it span on a balancing machine. £300 for refurbishing and powder coating, plus about £50 to straighten the one wheel.

Plan a) ignore it all and put up with it being difficult to check tracking with the uneven surface at the rim.

Plan b) fit a motley selection of my old 206 wheels while they are refurb'd.

Plan c) buy new wheels. Eye-wateringly expensive for me on a bus driver's wage, but is the least hassle. Peugeot want £230 each for original wheels :-(

One variation is to pick a used wheel from Ebay instead of getting one straightened.

If I buy new, I could look at different wheels, but I want it to look fairly standard. In any case, some aftermarket wheels are a bit weaker than standard wheels and we have rough roads here, so I am wary of unknowns!

Mine are 6Jx16 7-spoke

Some 206 GTis had nice 6.5Jx16 wheels which should fit OK, although I think the extra 1/2" will be on the outside so I should check wheelarch clearance.

Does that suggest anything, please? Or is there a plan d) to look at?

Thank you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you go the refurb route shop around.

When I was sold a set of alloys in 'good' condition they turned up and all 4 had serious corrosion and one had a significant flat on the inner rim. After a bit of emailing back and forward I eventually got a partial refund.

Local company quoted £50 per wheel to refurb in silver and another £30 to straighten out the dent. After a little chat we settled on £200 for the complete job. That included removing, refitting tyres and balancing.
Think it helped I was supplying the wheel off the car so saved them a little time and also I said it was a no rush job.

·
Registered
687 Posts
German eBay is a good source of Pug rims. I got a set for my 307 in really good condition. I asked for photos before buying and all four wheels were photoed in detail. One rim had a very very light kerb mark and the price was about 200 euros. The postage wasn't too bad either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts