Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just put a deposit down on a used 407 (09 plate) with 41K miles. The car is from Arnold Clark and the price is reasonable, however one concern I do have is how do i know if parts have been replaced at the recommended intervals (timing / cam belt etc) during the history of the car? i'm trying to avoid taking on a car where a costly repair could be imminent. The car has a full service history from a Peugeot dealer, but where would I be able to check the maintenance schedule.

Does anyone have a matrix that shows what needs work / replaced and when on this type of car?

Apologies if these are naive questions (I have always had a co car before where everything was taken care of)....

Many thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
All the info you need should be in the service documentation with the car. Should tell you what has been done at previous services, and what is due to be done at future services.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its a 1.6 diesel with those miles i would be wary as it may not have been serviced regularly and these engines need regular oil changes oil sludges up and short journeys make this worse the mileage is too low for my liking for a 2009 car !!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If it's got a good service history, a friendly phone call to the garages might help.

I bought a Megane with loads of service stamps, but nothing to suggest the timing belt had been replaced at the specified interval, so a quick call to the dealer who'd serviced the car and they confirmed when it had been done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts