Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my 2005 307 sw in for a few bodywork issues in the last few months.

each time i have had problems, and was wondering what you guys would consider a fair outcome, as i have today complained to the manager of the peugeot dealership and am waiting to hear what they are prepared to offer me.

i have spent alot of time cleaning the car and replacing various damaged parts to the car, and i am staggered that each time the car comes back it seems to have more damage, or a repair that i could have done better myself.

1 - they resprayed my tailgate as the paint was bubbling around the handle, after the respray it bubbled again within 3 weeks, the bodyshop manager told me to bring it back, and has since "lifted" the handle away from the tailgate as he considered the damage to be caused by the handle digging into the tailgate. This is a pretty poor conclusion for me as it now means the tailgate handle is VERY loose, and has had rubber bungs pushed on the side of the handle to stop it catching and digging into the tailgate.

2 - they resprayed my damaged wing mirror and within 2 weeks that had bubbled in 2 areas - they originally charged me £30 for this as an "extra" seeing as they were doing my tailgate, when i went back to complain i was told "the plastic must have reacted under the new paint, and that was that.

I have since paid to have the cap on the mirror replaced and sprayed at the same place, and charged another £90 for that. no mention of a refund of the original £30 i paid.

3 - i have the front bumper resprayed and that was a great job, but under the bumper you can see the lacquer has run, and theres a dribble thats dried. i mentioned that to the bodyshop manager and he said it wasnt a problem as you cant really see it.

i then noticed shortly after that the front bumper was loose on one side , and the bracket on the headlight is broken that the bumper clips onto , as is the long plastic strip that runs along the front of the engine (with a peugeot sticker on it ?) - these items werent broken when it went in, and i pointed that out, but was told there was evidence the car had been in a smash on the front right, and he had looked into replacing the headlight bracket, but it could only be ordered as a complete headlight on my particular car, which seemed odd - why had he priced it up, if he hadnt caused it ?

4 - i have also noticed that the trim that goes around inside the tailgate window has been damaged, and a clip is broken off - the only person to have have removed these are the peugeot people when they took the number plate off the tailgate.

5 - i have also had 2 small dents filled and resprayed inside the front doors, as i shut the seatbelt in them, he charged me £100 to do both sides. But i have noticed he has basically "masked" off the damaged section and sprayed it, but you can physically feel the join and it seems he has made no effort to blend the lacquer in, and low and behold there is a section on the door that he touched up and the lacquer has run down the inside of the door, leaving a long "drip".

some of these issues i could have lived with - but it seems that the peugeot dealer in Nottingham have messed up my car and i want to know what would be acceptable as an outcome.

thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Take pictures , or even complete car , to a local independant body shop a & see what they think . Ask them do they think the work has been finished to an acceptable standard . Then go back & tell Peugeot !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts