Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

2 days ago on Saturday I brought a used 2017 Peugeot 3008. Drove it twice, once home, and once today for hour with the family. It's a diesel and the engine is quite loud, not sure if that is common, I've always had Petrol before? do you find the engine is loud?

Anyway the Check Engine Light came on today my neighbor had an OBD2 Scanner so checked the issue. Two codes came up P20E8 and P2207, now I'm freaking out as this could be up to £1500+ in repairs.

What would you do here, shall I try get a refund from the Garage or see if they will help fix it?

Appreciate any advice help?

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi All,

2 days ago on Saturday I brought a used 2017 Peugeot 3008. Drove it twice, once home, and once today for hour with the family. It's a diesel and the engine is quite loud, not sure if that is common, I've always had Petrol before? do you find the engine is loud?

Anyway the Check Engine Light came on today my neighbor had an OBD2 Scanner so checked the issue. Two codes came up P20E8 and P2207, now I'm freaking out as this could be up to £1500+ in repairs.

What would you do here, shall I try get a refund from the Garage or see if they will help fix it?

Looking at your pics, I think you should have this post in the forum below…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mr_Dave it's 2017 though? PEUGEOT 3008 ACTIVE BLUE HDI S/S (2017-66) the other forum says 2016 & prior?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yours is the mk1 version which finished production in 2016, it doesn't really matter what plate it is on. In any case, the mechanicals are different so I'm sure the mods can move it to the correct subforum. :)

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
🤕

As if by magical forces, the post mysteriously moves itself to the MK 1 3008 forum :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just take it back and get them to sort it.
I second this.

BTW, I am not sure the interpretation of the faults is accurate, it'd be best to use a Peugeot-specific reader. Reductant is usually the urea/adblue, but I don't recall the mk1 having bluhdi engines. Unless it refers to the Eolys fluid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I second this.

BTW, I am not sure the interpretation of the faults is accurate, it'd be best to use a Peugeot-specific reader. Reductant is usually the urea/adblue, but I don't recall the mk1 having bluhdi engines. Unless it refers to the Eolys fluid?
thanks yes it has a Blue HDI Engine.

Can you recommend a Peugeot Specific Reader or is the only way to take directly to Peugeot Garage

·
Registered
751 Posts
You are right, towards the end they fitted the 1.6 bluehdi engines. You can probably disregard my comment then about the wrong interpretation, it does have an Adblue system.

Diagbox is the best (Peugeot's diagnostic) and there's a map of members who have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Gont bee Daft take it back. Its in you warrenty..By the way its a cracken car, i have the 3008 GT sport what a machine hoeswed by a Audi Q5..and a beat it really fast. moral is garage should pay...good luck....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts