Peugeot Forums banner

Advice on how much to sell a 504 1982 model.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rustyroger 
#1 ·
We have a family 8 seater peugeot estate in need of some TLC and a head gasket! We have loads of spares and all the paper work as we are the sole owners from new.We have it advertised on various sites such as auto trader, exchange and mart,club peugeot, and are asking for sensible offers as we have no idea what to sell it for!Can anyone advise us on a rough price we should expect to sell it for??

#2 ·
It will be worth much more if you fix the head gasket and can offer it in ready for use condition.
As to what it is worth, I'm afraid not much. It is rare, certainly, but not in much demand.
A pristine example might get a four figure sum, but "In need of some tlc" will have most potential buyers passing on this one.
How much tlc do you mean?, serious rust, bad paint, or a rotten interior might mean you have a parts car.
Honestly, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but giving you my opinion.

Roger.

#3 ·
Peugeot 504 - Family Estate - 2304cc - Tropical Specification - Sole owner

Hi Rusty Roger,Thank you for your advice it was much appreciated..I would be very grateful if you could look at our adverts on either exchange and mart or autotrader because we think its a car worth saving.The interior is in extremely good condition and there is some surface rust but it can be rectified.We have lots of spares for it and paperwork plus original brochures and manuals.
The photos do not do it justice...we took them before a clean up.!
Thank you in anticipation.

#5 ·
I did take a look at the advert.
I don't wish to be rude, but rusty scabs all over the car and doors rotted out is more than just "surface rust".
Really you have a parts car, if you could find replacement doors (forget about fixing the ones on it) sorting out the rust and repairing the engine (You sure it's just a blown head gasket?) will cost much more than the car would be worth.

Like Reliable says, maybe offering it for sale to Africa might be your best bet. I have no idea how to go about doing that though.

Roger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.