Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I used to drive a W reg (2000) 306 hatchback with the half leather seats, but she was getting tired due to high mileage and needed a number of repairs. I bought a low mileage X reg (2000) 306 estate which is mechanically the same apparently but it only has the brushed nylon seats in it.

The plan was to swap the seats over between the two, the local mechanic who does all the work on my vehicles thought they would fit, but apparently the estate front seats have side airbags in them and the hatchback does not. So the warning light for the airbags comes on which would be an MOT failure.

I hate brushed nylon seats, and I have never found any waterproof seat covers which are robust and comfortable in all weathers. Is there any way to fit the half leather seats from my old 306 to the new and getting round the airbag issue?

Before I start looking further, can anyone shed any light on any of the following.

Was there ever any soft top 306's with the full leather seats that had side airbags in the seats.

Was there a clear date on which they changed from one type of seat to the other to help me track down suitable scrap vehicles.

Would the seats from any other models fit the 306 or will only 306 seats fit?

Has any one any other suggestions of sources of a decent set of seats for the estate please?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Hi some 306 cabs do have side bags with leather

you might be able to swap the airbag ecu to the one without side bags

Hatch and estate rear seats are different

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice

Thank you for those suggestions. Very helpful, pity I made a mistake and suggested to the mechanic changing the airbag ecu via text, should have saved that one up so I could watch his face when I made the suggestion.

G

·
0 Posts
You can tell the ECU the airbags are 'absent' using PP2000 to eliminate the fault and the light.

I guess you are putting 4 door Hatch seats into the estate - the soft-tops will have different seats to the estate too - folding ones that is...:thumb:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Estate and 5dr will swap.

3dr and estate/5dr do not.

Cab ones are different again in rear so won't swap with either.

As you propose putting seats without airbags in a car which expects them the only two options are to either use pp2000 and disable or you can fit a resister in place to fool the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts