Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am wondering if anybody would be kind enough to give me their thoughts on buying a used 307sw.
We are looking to buy one as our family has expanded,the car ticks all the boxes except the one that says Reliability.
I was looking at buying the later revised 06 + models and a diesel.
I have read that the 1.6 90bhp doesn't not have the FAP system and also the DMF, does anybody know if this is true ?
Are the later models anymore reliable than the earlier cars ?
Thanks Al

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Hello, i am wondering if anybody would be kind enough to give me their thoughts on buying a used 307sw.
We are looking to buy one as our family has expanded,the car ticks all the boxes except the one that says Reliability.
I was looking at buying the later revised 06 + models and a diesel.
I have read that the 1.6 90bhp doesn't not have the FAP system and also the DMF, does anybody know if this is true ?
Are the later models anymore reliable than the earlier cars ?
Thanks Al
Pretty sure the 90 doesn't have the FAP or DMF. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
As far as reliability goes, I found a family member a 1.6 hdi 110 307 (new model) with fap and dmf. No issues. I had a 2.0 hdi 110 307 (old model) with fap and dmf. No issues. I also had a 2.0 hdi 136 (new model) with fap and dmf. Loads of issues! Although no fap or dmf problems!

Name another car and I can list the issues with it. Most modern diesels have dmf issues. Almost everyone I know with a VW group 2.0tdi has had turbo issues. At the end of the day, buy what you truely like. You can get a bad BMW as easy as a bad Peugeot. I know which would be cheaper to fix!

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
481 Posts
As Steve said the 90 doesn't have a FAP although in a fully loaded SW i would imagine its a slug??

Vauxhalls have horrendous consequences with DPF so Peugeot is no worse i suppose and the MPG is much better on the pug!

J

·
0 Posts
I had the 90bhp 2.0HDI in my 306 estate, and performance was very good, together with good mpg figures, so I wouldn't think the 307 to be too far different.... on the whole, that 90bhp seemed a better engine than the 136bhp I've got now :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, thanks for the input.Another question, could the 1.6 hdi 90bhp be remapped to acheive the same performance as the 110bhp ?
Sorry if this sounds a stupid question.
Thanks Al

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just another question, i can't seem to get answered.In the sw can any of the independent 2nd row seats be placed in the 3rd row ?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The answer is no. The 2nd row seats are different from the 3rd row seats.
Is this in all models or just the older models pre 05 which i think had a bench like seat in the 2nd row ?
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
In the >05 version with 3 independent 2nd row seats, the middle 2nd row seat can be placed in the 3rd row but at 1 side only. Fixings are different between the 2nd and 3rd row but on 1 side of the 3rd row they've included dual fixing points to accomodate a seat from the 2nd row. Hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Peter, yes thats makes sense.If you have the 2nd row centre seat in the allocated place in the 3rd row,can you then place an additionally brought seat next to it.So in theroy you have a 6 seater ?
Hope this makes sense
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes you can and we've used that configuration quite often...travel to uk with kids in the 2nd row, luggage plus 1 extra seat in the boot. Arrive at parents house, unpack and transfer the middle seat from 2nd row into the 3rd row. Then we can travel around with parents in the 2nd row and kids in the back row. Means we can all go out in 1 car instead of playing follow the leader and saves any arguments about who sits next to grandad!

Also - when you move the middle seat from 2nd row to 3rd row, you can move the 2 outer seats in towards each other so it's like a proper 6 seater and not just a 7 seater with a seat missing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts