Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my service done and a few things were highlighted to me.

Front discs too thin, rear brake pads low and aux belt splitting.

Front discs (i got quoted £280), gonna get off ebay and do my self(£30), is there anything special when changing these I need to look out for, will do the pads at the same time too, one of my friends said as it has abs its best not to just push the caliper in and let the fluid push back to the res. but to let the excess fluid come out of the bleed valve? Is this right as I usually just push the caliper in and let the excess go into the res.?

Rear brake pads, doing myself again, anyone know where to ascertain the caliper winder tool?

Aux belt, i'm going to get this done with my cambelt water pump and tensioners at the end of the month, peugeot dealer quoted £580, is this expensive? Will I get it cheaper else where?

Many thanks for any advice.

Oh forgot to add its a 307, 1.6hdi 110 sport 06 plate.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, if you are capable of replacing the discs and pads then you should save yourself some more money and do the aux belt yourself too,once you take the front wheel off to do the disc and pads you may as well remove the arch liner and do the aux belt at the same time,its fairly straight forward and if you replace the tensioner its even easier as you can slip the belt around everything before removing the pin to tension it all back up again,you can source these parts from Euro car parts very well priced. And btw the caliper tool for your rear pads you can pick up at halfords for around £20 if i remember correctly you need the anti clockwise tool.i tried for hours to get my pistons back before i gave in and bought one and then had both sides done in a matter of half an hour lol.hope this helps you out.
Matt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt268uk said:
Hi, if you are capable of replacing the discs and pads then you should save yourself some more money and do the aux belt yourself too,once you take the front wheel off to do the disc and pads you may as well remove the arch liner and do the aux belt at the same time,its fairly straight forward and if you replace the tensioner its even easier as you can slip the belt around everything before removing the pin to tension it all back up again,you can source these parts from Euro car parts very well priced. And btw the caliper tool for your rear pads you can pick up at halfords for around £20 if i remember correctly you need the anti clockwise tool.i tried for hours to get my pistons back before i gave in and bought one and then had both sides done in a matter of half an hour lol.hope this helps you out.
Matt.
Clears things up a bit, thanks for your advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts