Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Im new on here and after abit of advice. I currently drive a 2000 Ford Focus petrol and am looking at choping it in for SW 2.0 HDi.

Basically can anyone tell me if there is anything i should be looking for when buying one?
Whats the most common fault with them?
Are they expensive when they go wrong?
And most importantly what are they like to live with on a day to day basis?

The company i work for sent me on a course and i had to take a SW HDi 2.0 (SE Model) on the journey and fell in love with how comfortable and good it was to drive :).

Cheers for any advice.

Liam

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi,
I got my 407sw hdi in Jan 09......loved it since, only probs was one faulty wheel valve....gradually replacing with "ordinary" ones as time goes by..

You"ve kind of got everything with the 407sw....plenty of carrying space.....plus really sleek looks that only Peugeot can offer.

I think that the 407"s from 2008 have less trouble with the dash lights etc...but that"s more hear-say than anything else I think??

Go for it:)

Cliff

·
Registered
533 Posts
MonkeyNuts said:
[...]Basically can anyone tell me if there is anything i should be looking for when buying one?
Full Service History
Whats the most common fault with them?
Front ball joints, ESP/ABS faults, dual mass flywheel, some electrics.
Are they expensive when they go wrong?
No more than any other car of the price. However, this forum is filled with questions along the lines of "My car is suffering from A, I took it to the dealer, they replaced B but the problem is still there."
And most importantly what are they like to live with on a day to day basis?
Comfortable, good road holding, ample power, nice array of bells and whistles, plenty of space, easy for the wife to clean, big intervals in servicing, reasonable mpg 40 generally, >48 on a good run.

C

·
0 Posts
Other than the RD4, RT3 and RT4 head units there have been no changes to the electrical system anywhere on the car during production, so the dash light theory is a bad 'un. My 2005 model has been faultless.

The biggest change was a revised front hub and swivel joint design for the 2008 MY, as some ( but far from all) older models had suffered from excessive play. It's not a big deal anyway, with 2 x joints regularly chiming in under £60 for a pair, and taking about 1 to 1.5 hours a side for an amateur to fit.

No, the main changes have been cosmetic, bumpers, rear lamps, wheels and paint colours, and some slight changes to the 136 unit to make it 140. Aside form this fiddling, the 407 has essentially remained unchanged throughout its life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts