Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies and Gents.
I'm looking to buy a second hand 407sw.
At the minute I have seen a 57 plate 2ltr hdi and would appreciate any advice you guys could give. Common faults, things to look out for etc etc
Cheers John

·
5,044 Posts
check everything electrical works, turn steering lock to lock and listen for clunks etc,check heater works by changing direction and heat/cold to ALL vents

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just a few things that seem to commonly fail, mostly gadgets:

Sunroof blinds can break, heater flaps, main display orange version, goes black when hot\heated, heard it was eventually fixed, might be ok on the 57 plate.

The connection to the cabin air blower (it has big thick wires, and then with a tiny flimsy white connection, under the glovebox) which can partly melt\corrode, can be easily bypassed.

I find it a fine car really, if you're willing to do some of the small jobs yourself. Eg garages can charge €1000-1500 to do the heater flaps, since they take out the dashboard, but you can cut holes and diy.

Lots of people seem to get antipollution faults, but a lot of the time cleaning the egr sorts it out.

It depends really.. you might not come across any of these issues. And they're quite nice when everything is working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts