Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking for a 1.6 hdi but after advice what to look for ect ? Last one i bought hadnt had a service for 30000 miles and pops up low oil pressure when engine gets to really high temperatures and oil thins so i thing main bearing and rod worn.
Ive been looking and i cant find any within 40 miles that have full service history or low mileage combined theres a few around 80000 miles but one hasnt had a service since 2010 and the other on 78000 has no service history now this could have been serviced but garage just dont have book but i dont wana buy it and it has sludge build up ect.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi looking for a 1.6 hdi but after advice what to look for ect ? Last one i bought hadnt had a service for 30000 miles and pops up low oil pressure when engine gets to really high temperatures and oil thins so i thing main bearing and rod worn.
Ive been looking and i cant find any within 40 miles that have full service history or low mileage combined theres a few around 80000 miles but one hasnt had a service since 2010 and the other on 78000 has no service history now this could have been serviced but garage just dont have book but i dont wana buy it and it has sludge build up ect.
why not go for a 2.0l hdi its a better engine

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not go for a 2.0l hdi its a better engine
Was looking at a 2.0 hdi 136 bhp but its done 100k miles on a 55 plate and didnt really wana go higher than 90k miles as mines on 96 and ive had leaking injector seals fixed them then had oil leak which i thought was the cause of low oil pressure but now i think its worn parts as its only when engine gots really hot.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Was looking at a 2.0 hdi 136 bhp but its done 100k miles on a 55 plate and didnt really wana go higher than 90k miles as mines on 96 and ive had leaking injector seals fixed them then had oil leak which i thought was the cause of low oil pressure but now i think its worn parts as its only when engine gots really hot.
if its cost saving go for a 90 bhp 2.0l hdi no dpf and no dual mass flywhel

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if its cost saving go for a 90 bhp 2.0l hdi no dpf and no dual mass flywhel
Dont the 90hp 2.0 litre only come 05 or older ? I want 55 or newer what you think about 100k miles on 2.0 136 bhp model ? What milage range do rod an bearings usually wear in engine ?As mine have gone at 96000 thats seriously poor my uncle has a 2.0 hdi berlingo with 250k miles and they havnt gone yet

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe a 307 isn't for you then, if you want 2005> maybe look at 207 or 308?

The 1.6hdi is notoriously bad.

To be honest, 100k is relatively low.

My 1.4hdi is on 122k with fsh, and still runs spot on.

Lots of points to consider, the 2.0hdi 90 is a lower tax bracket than the other 2.0 engines.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

Lots of points to consider, the 2.0hdi 90 is a lower tax bracket than the other 2.0 engines.
Now you have worried me I have the 1.6 I was told they are great engines go on forever same as in the ford hope I have not chucked money at a dead horse.

Means zero but mine is 138k miles and engine and box so far seem good hope it stays that way looking for at least 180 k

Worst thing for me is so little room in the engine bay love the pano roof

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1.6hdi will break you if its not minded. They give loads of grief if the incorrect oil is not used. Missed service history walk away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How about if it missed services in the past and has been serviced properly since and has no apparent problems on test drive ? Still walk away will it cause problems in future some time ? Whats your opinion of the 2.0 136bhp engine at 104000 ? Good to buy has full service history

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hi i want the 307 because it can take 7 seats and it has the best fuel mpg i have seen i have got 205 miles so far from my tank driving around town and ive only used 3/8 from a full tank thats fantastic and i drive all different cars all day at work none can do that, apart from maybe vw tdi engines.
Also im looking to spend under £4000 and the only other 7 seater on a decent age and milage is zafiras and they are rubbish uncomfortable seats **** drive not that good on fuel and seats are all stuck in place not removable ect. I think im going to get the 2.0 136 its goy full service history 06 plate 104k £3400 just hope there good on fuel too and that milage on that plate must be motorway milage so clutch should be ok for a while more

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Is that a private sale or eBay, I moved off the 136bhp after insurance quote the 1.6 was a fair bit less

I had never bought a car with so many miles and I figured that high chance whatever I got was going to need work.

Looked at cars with so called service history that amounted to a stamp in the book, the one I bought came with original detailed receipts.

The se is nice as well I took the mad idea pay your money take your chance, I got 7 seats 2 are sat as spare just yet lol. It's ironic mine was the only one that had seven seats lol

Good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi neither its from an audi dealers they took it in px and theres not much difference for me on insurance so thats not a problem. My only worry is service book says replace dpf at 110k which is probably around 500 ? Im not sure

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi

If the history is complete with bills etc that's good, the dpf change surely is only a guide and would depend a lot on type of driving done.

I would think if you are handy you could buy a dpf cheaper and fit it my honest opinion what ever you buy you will spend some money on repairs it's the nature of cars.

If you tell the dealer your concern you may be able to negotiate the dpf fitted and share the expense

I love mine yes it's needed service items and I am always concerned something will go pop but even new cars have that issue lol

By the way I agree totally with Davidireland re oil make sure you get C2 oil grade may cost a little more but worth it and change oil filter at 6k miles

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts