Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)

Is the advanced grip control worth the extra money? (it's a pretty cheap addon here in Denmark)

Tbh I don't really like the wheels too much (the rims) - but if the grip control really is a benefit in weather situations I would do it...

And also, are they good enough to use as winter tires, they are "all weather tires" and I'm getting the car in okt/nov - so if I could use them as my winter tires it would be a good addition :)

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've found the grip control really useful, although haven't had a chance to try it on ice and snow, it works well on sand, and up muddy/slippery inclines.
I think the wheels look pretty good, and the recessed alloy fascia of the wheel means kerb damage is less likely. Some of the other 3008 wheels have more prominent fascias, so will be more susceptible to damage.
Tyres are all year, and overall the 3008 isn't going to be as good in winter as a 4WD with winter tyres fitted. However, I think it is a worthwhile addition, particularly for those living in colder climates, and the closest you can get to a 3008 4WD until the hybrid version arrives in two years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool :D .. So you think that it would be better to get the Grip Control than use the money for some 'real' winter tires + rims when I get the car? :)

I've found the grip control really useful, although haven't had a chance to try it on ice and snow, it works well on sand, and up muddy/slippery inclines.
I think the wheels look pretty good, and the recessed alloy fascia of the wheel means kerb damage is less likely. Some of the other 3008 wheels have more prominent fascias, so will be more susceptible to damage.
Tyres are all year, and overall the 3008 isn't going to be as good in winter as a 4WD with winter tyres fitted. However, I think it is a worthwhile addition, particularly for those living in colder climates, and the closest you can get to a 3008 4WD until the hybrid version arrives in two years.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
So far I have found the grip control with the all weather tyres a very good combination. Winter tyres will probably offer better grip on ice and snow, but I imagine the cost of those tyres and a set of rims is likely to be a lot more expensive. Check out the grip control videos on You Tube which show the 3008 tackling different types of conditions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi :)

Is the advanced grip control worth the extra money? (it's a pretty cheap addon here in Denmark)

Tbh I don't really like the wheels too much (the rims) - but if the grip control really is a benefit in weather situations I would do it...

And also, are they good enough to use as winter tires, they are "all weather tires" and I'm getting the car in okt/nov - so if I could use them as my winter tires it would be a good addition :)

Thank you :)
There are several YT videos showing a demonstration of AGC.
This is one....

I've gone for it on my GT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far I have found the grip control with the all weather tyres a very good combination. Winter tyres will probably offer better grip on ice and snow, but I imagine the cost of those tyres and a set of rims is likely to be a lot more expensive. Check out the grip control videos on You Tube which show the 3008 tackling different types of conditions.
My local tyre garage offers a service whereby they will store your tyres for the season free of charge after fiting the relevant tyre. This on the rims.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cool :D .. So you think that it would be better to get the Grip Control than use the money for some 'real' winter tires + rims when I get the car? :)
The all terrain tyres that come with grip control are not winter tyres and not a substitute for winter tyres. They are only good for soft snow as far as winter driving is concerned. Not any better than a summer tyre on ice or for temps 7 degrees celsius or below.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Our 308 1.2 6A has buttons for snow* and sport.
Does the standard auto have the snow* button?.
High Country snow fields are all I'm interested in conquering :lol:

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
A 'Snow Button'; I don't recall seeing one of those on a standard fit 3008 SUV.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not sure that's what he meant. Aside from the grip control, prior auto pugs have had a sport and snow button. That simply increase or decrease the rate that the slush box goes through the gears. Well that's my understanding of those buttons in our 508GT lol.
Yep
The 308 has the snow* function
So
Is the only way I get the snow* option is by having to order allgrip or do all standard ones have simply the snow* option?.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yep
The 308 has the snow* function
So
Is the only way I get the snow* option is by having to order allgrip or do all standard ones have simply the snow* option?.
You have to order AGC it seems. Can't be much snow round your way though?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You have to order AGC it seems. Can't be much snow round your way though?
Au contraire
My local snow fields and the Alpine Way linking Bright with Omeo transits the (~) 6500' Great Dividing Range, requiring the carriage of snow chains from Queens birthday 10 June - Melbourne cup weekend.
I dread the thought of putting snow chains on.
We have a current Winter Olympics gold medallist who comes from up there.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've been looking at a new Peugeot 3008 GT BlueHDi 180 fitted with grip control. Not essential, but reassuring possibly.

Reading the WhatCar review below, it implies that the ride is affected by the 18" tyres fitted to the car when the grip control is chosen:

https://www.whatcar.com/peugeot/3008/estate/review/on-the-road/

Does anyone have a similar spec vehicle and is the ride affected as they say?

I haven't test driven this or any new 3008 yet, but I am also toying with a GT Line with the 1.2 petrol auto gearbox, although I know they've temporarily stopped them at present.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've driven a GT Line 1.2 auto without grip, and now own a GT Line 1.2 auto with grip. I didn't think there was any discernible difference in ride quality, and the car performs very well indeed, but with that assurance of the extra grip if needed. I never take a lot of notice of UK car magazine reviews, especially from those biased towards other manufacturers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts