Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plugged PP2000 in to a 407 yesterday and was unable to communicate with the additive ecu or operate the additive pump. Not had this before so does anyone have any suggestions at all?
Where does the ecu live? As for the pump, either this is related to the ecu or it is seized due to the tank being totally empty (i suspect the ecu)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ecu would seem to be behind the speedo. But someone on here mentioned that some cars dont have it, and that its operation is done by the engine ecu.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Plugged PP2000 in to a 407 yesterday and was unable to communicate with the additive ecu or operate the additive pump. Not had this before so does anyone have any suggestions at all?
Where does the ecu live? As for the pump, either this is related to the ecu or it is seized due to the tank being totally empty (i suspect the ecu)
The additive ecu is usually behind the glovebox...just remove the tabs and cover under the glovebox and get your head in the footwell...you should then see "add to go" written on the ecu....:)
Try unplugging it and plugging it back in with ignition on and it might come back to life...if you do get comms with the ecu then check fuel cap sensor as sometimes a failed fuelcap sensor shuts down the additive ecu...Best of Luck..;)
Ron.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It should have it because when I run global test on PP all ECU replies except Additive. And when I try to reset additive I get message ECU has not replied. If it is combined do you know where is the problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried this one as well:confused: When i go to 'test by ECU' then 'Engine/gearbox' then 'diesel fuel additive control unit' and then i get message 'ECU has not replied'. Where I should get 'configuration'. Any Ideas:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well mine did exactly the same as you experience with your car, I did unlug and plug the box with ignition on, after that I had reestablished the communicatin to the box.
In my car it was placed in the left side just above the pedals on a LH drive car (I live in Denmark).
Hope this helps, as I recall it the box is approximately 3x6x10cm with the connector placed in a 3x6cm end of the box.
I remember my impression was that they should have spend a few Euro more on the connectors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Bettyswollocks and 12345pj. Well it looks my car definitely doesn’t have separate ECU, but I managed to reset it through new parts as advised:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, first of all sorry for my english. ;-)

I have a Peugeot 407 SW/Break 2.0 HDI, built in 2006 and I have the same problem, ECU does not answer.

Can someone send me a picture how the control unit for additv looks like?
Can someone tell me where I can find it? Behind the glovebox I could find nothing besides the Bluetooth unit.

Regards from Germany

pitsche407

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I don't think you have additive ECU. I haven't use PP2000 for a while so it is hard to remember the sequence. On PP2000: 1. Maintenance or configuration? (Choose which has option ‘Change parts’ or ‘new parts’ or something like that. 2. Change DPF filter. System will ask have you changed a filter, press YES. Job done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
thanks, but how can I check how much additive is still in the tank and the saturation of the filter? Or is it not possible at this model?

regards

Pitsche407

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
you can see it on PP2000. On PP2000 you can see nearly everything. Go into 'parameter measurements'. If I remember correctly - first choose 'engine'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts