Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking at buying an 09 expert but its mileage is showing @60k lower than previous mot. The new owner is selling because it concern them. I'm assuming it's a replacement dash . How hard or expensive is it to add mileage to make it tally with vosa mot history.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
only 2 ways to achieve a lower mileage
1 is to clock it
2 is to fit an ecu set from a lower mileage vehicle the reason could be either of those but it could also be that the mileage on the previous mot was wrongly read or that the dash was reading KM not miles so many possible reasons.

You CANNOT just change the clocks though as the miles are stored in the BSI and the clocks SO fitting a lower mileage clock does not work as it will then read the vehicles miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting idea about the km-miles mistake. The ratio is very very close to what it would if it had been mistread for the last few yrs as km big jump in mileage and 40k last year.
Is there any way to correct this?
Condition wise it's more 100k miles

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
Fix what if it was missread it was missread there is nothing to fix !

A 2009 vehicle to average joe is an old banger anyway so mileage wont matter !

Sorry im not a mileage man and every genuine low mileage vehicle i have ever seen has been rotten underneath miles are better for a vehicle than low miles !

My clio has 200k miles still going strong and will do until something major breaks even then it might live on as its so reliable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does the v5 show previous seller details? try to contact them and ask.
what is mileage history, is there a mistake in recording the mileage at mot?

ithemechanic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts