Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody fitted an aftermarket amp power cable direct from the passenger cabin to the battery / underbonnet fusebox?

On my previous 206 there was a gromit in the bulkhead to pass an additional power cable through, any ideas if the 308 T9 has a similar set up?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mr Lee,
My fusebox is a joke, a complete mess of wiring obscuring the fuses.
I managed to run a power wire through the firewall.
Its behind the glovebox under the flooring\sound proofing?
I found a large hard rubber grommet with 1 cable running through it.

However i could not get the cable through it, its too stiff, like plastic not rubber.
I cannot get a drill near it either as its not accessible enough from either side.

As a temporary measure i have levered it out and passed the cable through.
I have had to protect the cable with a metal tube\tape because it is basically a hole in the metal firewall.
I am not happy with the way it is, although its safe for now.

I have seen this post but not had the time to actually see if its possible:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/2123162-post2.html

If you do try and it works let me know :thumb:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both - a new fused supply direct from the battery + connection stud in the under bonnet fuse box was my plan, ill have a good look later / tomorrow when the weather clears up where I can safely get a cable through the firewall.

I did the same to my previous 206 ( built in handy gromit listed just for that purpose ) when I added extra electrical equipment, I'd rather not tap in to the 308 cabin fuse box at all as I'm after about a 20 amp in total + supply to be on safe side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Paul-R
I managed to do it, so thanks very much.
I am a lot happier with it this way.
Heres a pic that might help anyone wanting to do the same.

[/IMG]

I sealed the plug and cable tied the cable and its all good.
Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I pulled the cable out through the hole covered by the round black sticker and then vertically upwards before threading it through the gap between the wing and screen panel. Your way is more hidden but I worried in case the cable might get snagged on something there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts