Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new car came without a spare wheel and just has the tyre inflation kit.

As I get a couple of punctures a year, I need to carry a spare wheel. Has anyone here fitted the wheel carrying cage and lifting mechanism underneath the car after having taken delivery ? Was it easy to do and roughly what did it cost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking to do the same thing when I picked my van up earlier this year but it came with a proper spare and toolkit unexpectedly.

I did find a brand new cage, spare wheel and toolkit on eBay from a main dealer for £200 but it appears to be no longer available but I’m sure more will turn up if you keep trawling through.

There appears to be plenty of new toolkits available though…

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, now that I have had a chance to look into it in more detail its easy to fit and I managed to get one off of ebay for £50 used, which is slightly cheaper that a new one from a dealer. Additionally I found that all the parts were available from the Citroen-shop.eu website where they have lots of accessories that are cross compatible for all five manufacturers of our cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Futee, thanks. I checked. The adblue tank on mine is right at the front approx. under the passenger seat and nowhere near the spare wheel carrier at the rear.

·
Registered
2021 5008 1,5 Eat8 AllurePack Platinum Grey
61 Posts
Futee, thanks. I checked. The adblue tank on mine is right at the front approx. under the passenger seat and nowhere near the spare wheel carrier at the rear.
you are lucky. It has the same platform as 5008 and for me the Addblue tunk is in wrong position. I do not have enough sapce for the spare wheel. So I keep it in the trunk....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts