Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking to add a hi / lo converter to my wiring loom behind the head unit so that I can connect a sub. I would like to use an extension cable to solder in the converter rather than splice into the car original wiring:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/52-Pin-Quadlock-Extension-Female-Adapter/dp/B00MCM2G0Q/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R44Y9YY6YSB881JZ8S9T

They also do a 40 pin which is cheaper:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Most-Quadlock-40-Pin-Extension-Adapter/dp/B00I0YXNTI

Does anyone know which one will do the job or is able offer any advice. Is there a better way to this?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have done my 407.... use a fully populated quadlock, It makes the install about 10x easier, that £7 is worth it!

Also buy some Tesa Cloth tape, to bind the cables together and reduce rattles.

Lastly, install a 5 channel amp, that is the easiest way to install a subwoofer, rather than 2 amps and a whole heap of messy wiring! 5 Channel amps usually are input sensing so can tell if you've connected line outs or speaker outs and can adjust it, saving a bit of cash as you aren't having to buy separate hi/lo converters.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi and thanks for the reply:

I want going to use a separate amp at all:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/subwoofers/amplified-sub-boxes/alpine-swe-815-150-watt-active-20cm-amplified-subwoofer-box-with-bass-remote

Output from quadlock harness to a hi/low converter:
Audio Boffins Ltd - Search Results for "hlc3"

Then out to active sub above.

Thoughts?

Also do you know the pinouts for Pug Quadlock speaker connections? I have tried googling it for the 508 but nothing specific so I assume it must be an industry standard thing? Many thanks!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Your standard audio output from a headunit is something like 15w RMS. Unless you amplify those too.... all you will hear is bass. :nono:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I used a Parrot SOT cable, essentially creates industry standard ISO leads for you to do whatever it is you want. I purchased the extra leads though as it helped with installation.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont know what you mean surely all the amplification is via the speakers anyway?
Are you saying I cannot amplify the standard 508 head unit from the speaker outputs with an active sub?
Parrot SOT? What leads would I need for a 508 Quadlock / ISO setup?
Even more confused......

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it seems as though I have managed to kill this thread as well but I often wonder if it is just the way I pose the question or I am asking really stupid questions:eek:
My install will be an active sub woofer of the type with a built in amp. Therefore am I right in saying that I will not need to loop back to the car? Plan is to piggy pack from existing oem radio wiring to a hi low converter then out to the sub via the RCA input and thats it (apart from power and remote on which I think I can sort out). Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In case it helps, I was able to specify my 406 radio outputs as either for speakers or line level using PP2000. Thought that was quite neat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts